Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / .x texture and appearance problems

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2006 20:44
I created a very simple terrain using Blender and I added a grass texture to it then exported it to .x format. When I load it in DBPRo It appears side ways and instead of the terrain being green it is the dull grey/white. Below is the small code I am using to display the object. I've played around with position object and position camera to see if i could get it to be flat, but it didnt change the view at all. Also i loaded a simple alien guy i made in blender too and he was the opposite; laying flat instead of standing up lol. When i load them they dont look anything like they did in blender, they are all boxy looking, why's that? Thanks in advance.
Daemon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2006 22:48
I can't see your code. Use

At the beginning of the code you could...

You will have to guess and check with the xangle, yangle, and zangle to see which makes the object the right way up.

Insanity is just a state of mind
Peavey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2006 05:09
Thanks, i was able to rotate the object using xrotate. Now i am still puzzled as to why it doesnt show up with the grass texture it has in blender...Also i created a small sphere as a character and i am able to make him move around the map, but i can only get the camera to follow it when moving forward or backwards. Also how do i stop it from going under and outside of the map?
Here is my code so far/code] [code]
Peavey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2006 07:14
OK this is really irritating me...how do i get a code snippet? i hit the code button 2x and put my code in th e Code box below this message box and it didnt work...

here is my code.....

sync on:sync rate 50:hide mouse

load object "C:\land.x",1
xrotate object 1,99
position camera 0,0,15,0

Make object sphere 2,10
position object 2,0,10,0
position camera 0,0,20,40

Do
if upkey()=1
position camera object position x(2),object position y(2)+15,object position z(2)-40
move object 2,4
Endif

if rightkey()=1
turn camera right 4
xrotate object 2,4
endif

if leftkey()=1
turn camera left 4
xrotate object 2,-4
endif

if downkey()=1
position camera object position x(2),object position y(2)+15,object position z(2)-40
move object 2,-4
endif

sync
Loop

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 19:33:36
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 19:33:36