Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / [dbc] problem when exporting .x Files from 3d studio max

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2006 12:44
i use the latest panda xporter and 3ds max 7.0

when i load the exported file with out animation
its good but when i play the animation all the limbs
go to position 0,0,0

so i tried playing with the options of the xporter
the animation worked but every limb gone to a random
position!!!

so is it the settings of the panda xporter??
or is dbc itself?

so could any one give me the best panda settings..
MECK WORLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 09:54 Edited at: 12th Apr 2006 09:54
i have the some problem whith panda xporter...many times the .x file created doesnt't functions....now i use okino polytrans for 3d studio max...

Quote: "so i tried playing with the options of the xporter
the animation worked but every limb gone to a random
position!!!"

i use the limb indifferently if .x object is animated or not so i don't understand what you say...can you explain better?

The Power is in YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I KI TE BIV!!!!!!!
Indie Rock 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey G T R, I realize this is a pretty old thread but oh well. I had some serious troubles awhile back getting an .x exporter to work properly from Max. After hours and hours of searching I finally found a working exporter that was almost perfect on some obscure indie developer's page.... it's lost somewhere on my harddrive though. I'll let you know if I find it.

But unless you have a serious need to use .x files it seems to me the easiest way to get a file from Max to DBP is to use Konvurd, which can import 3ds files and export dbo files. From Max's native format to DBP's native format sounds pretty clean n' nifty to me, and it works a charm!

Find it here (the link is also in issue 40 of the newsletter) http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=76276&b=5

Neeeeeeeewom!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 05:33:18
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 05:33:18