Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Making Outdoor FPS

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2006 06:13
Do all of your FPS games HAVE to be made in an inside environment???

Is there a way to get trees and bungalos and like a jungle theme going?

I know this has been asked prolly a hundred times but im a noob so please just help me out.

The time will come when I will have to pay attention, unfortunately my wallet is empty and my watch is busted.
Hugzmeister Games
Years of Service
User Offline
yes, provided you have the right segments or entities. There is a grass segment in ww2/platforms and there are a few hills available for free download on the forums. just look up hills or terrain in the search box. and yes sunflash and a few others have made a tree pack, search for trees also.
hope i have helped,
Hugzmeister Games

''
__
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 00:15
It is possible, just check my website (Media & Games section and select FPSC Landscape) and check out the screenshots on it and perhaps even the demo.

You just need to use some of the workarounds to make it work well. Do not use large scaled full landscapes, but use smaller items instead. Otherwise you will run into collision problems. Also do not use the landscape items as dynamic ones, it will bring FPSC on it's knees. Also don't go overboard and use 100's of trees, grass and mountains, you will kill your game for sure when it comes to framerates.

Bored of indoor? Add outdoor to your FPSC games!
http://www.aeilkema.dds.nl/mega/index.html
Need music for your games? Check the above link also!
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 00:18
very possible, using software such as 3DWS or anything else to make the terrain level, as long as you can export it as a .x file

-Jon

RedCore Software + Design, Click on image to go to My website.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 06:32:03
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 06:32:03