Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / The .X Files

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I've searched but all I find is a bunch of places to get FREE models.
I was wondering if anyone could give me a brief tutorial on how .x files work. How can I make them? How can I LOAD them into my code?
PLEASE!
Oh ya... whats "LIMB" is it when you combine OBJECTS like a cube and a cone and make them move together or something? Help on that would be cool too! Thanks.

Um...
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
3D modelling packages export all sorts of different files. If you can export 3DS or X in a modelling package you are fine. 3DS currently has to be converted to X for DB Pro, but will probably soon work on its own.

A limb is a 2ND object that shares the X/Y/Z default position of another object.

Whirlwind
Years of Service
User Offline
3dcafe.com I think is a decent place to get models - you would have to export them to another format and of course, can't use them for commercial use...
Sk8ing Link08
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, but you seem to misunderstand my question.
What I want to know is "HOW" to use the models/.x files in a pogram, not where to get them. Also for the Limbs Thanks, but maybe a little more info, maybe a little code on what You use it for.

Um...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 21:26:51
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 21:26:51