Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / directory manager

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2006 03:32
ok i have been using tutorials and stuff from the beginners guide to DB game programing. and this was in it so i decided hey im going to try this. ok i cant post screens well because it wont work unless the program is complete. once i finish this i will update it so that you can delete add and rename files. tell me what you think of my code and if you see any errors tell me,

visit my site (unfinished)
www.freewebs.com/dbnewbie
DB newbie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2006 04:31
anyone?

Profit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2006 05:24
Well assuming it works (I can't test it), then congratulations, you've just gotten a little better at programming. That being said, this program is kind of useless..

common people are walking in line.
DB newbie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2006 07:13
yes i know it is kinda usless but the main reason i decided to do it is to learn functions a bit better. i finished the whole thing like 2 hours ago and here si the whole thing it is 326 lines o fcode.

Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2006 11:20
I ust tried your 'finished' code and I think finished is the wrong word to use.

There are quotes missing on three lines and commands out of place. There may be more problems but having corrected 6 and it still failing I gave up.

And whats with all the dimensioned arrays of 1. You are only ever using the second value (1) and ignoring the zero dimension. So, why not just use variables?

The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2006 12:51 Edited at: 15th Apr 2006 12:52
I couldn't compile it either as Scraggler said.

Quote: "And whats with all the dimensioned arrays of 1. You are only ever using the second value (1) and ignoring the zero dimension. So, why not just use variables?
"

And the reason for doing this is that arrays is used to held more data together, instead of declaring alot of variables, which is really great. But when you only use the second dimension, then you use them like a variable. And therefore you have no reason to declare a whole new array.

Keep it up though

-The Nerd

3D Arcade-like game:
SpaceBattle-Shootout
DB newbie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2006 17:44
ok thanks i will try to fix the errors in the code when i have time thanks for the input.

DB newbie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2006 02:50
once i finish correcting things do you guys think it will be worth updating it so that you can rename files and stuff?

tiffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2006 19:23
I think he means as in dim arrayname(1). Which is only 1 unit of memory. So yo may as well have variablename=

Cwatson

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 12:18:50
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 12:18:50