Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / The DarkBasic question of the day

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello the RPGDTE is almost done but im at 1,260 lines of code, NOW i have heard of a bug that causes a compiling error when you get to certain amount of lines of code... dose anyone know how many lines that is?

is this bug fixed or is there any responses when it will be?
If i cannot finish my project what good is it to even try.. thats why im wondering..
Kevin Picone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2002 10:07
I wouldn't worry about it, unless you overflow the variable scope arrays (which are hard coded in DB#1 2000 of each type in each scope) 1200 lines isn't going to stress it too much.

By way of example Kyruss2 is 22,000 lines on it's own (just the compiler/virtual machine). I have had drama's with the compiler getting a tad lost now and then, and every time I figured it was DB's infamous source to big problem, it turned to be a typo in different section .. DB really needs to trap source level errors better

There's bound to be a limit however on source sizes, but I haven't found it as yet.. yet

l8r,
Kevin Picone
[url]www.uwdesign.50megs.com[/url]
ironhoof
Years of Service
User Offline
Excellent news I can now add the rest of the RPGDTE ty5 code commands to my interpeter!

Hmmm, all i need to do now is get a moveon

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 04:34:17
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 04:34:17