Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / How to texture a simple .x object with a tga or bitmap

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2006 15:43
Absolute FPSC newbie. What I want to do is texture simple cubes which are scaled to look like posters or paintings on walls. I made a cube .x model file and used the program downloaded from the FPSC website to turn it into a model I put in my entites/user area, and it shows up fine in the level, but the tga texture file I made doesn\'t seem to show up. The MakeEntitysFrom program asked for a texture file, and I tried submitting it as a bmp and as a TGA. It doesn\'t seem to be the right size, or positioned right or something. I have Corel Paint, Adobe Photoshop and Paintshop programs which can size it. I also have an ealier version of Cinema 4d. Since all I want to do is put a flat texture on a rectangular surface, that should be easy, right? Any tutorials somewhere? Thanks.

Student Programmer
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2006 02:08
Download Signs II,Magic FPS,etc.They make posters/paintings almost automatically.Signs III will be available May 1st and I recommend that too.
You are trying to make stuff like posters the hard way.

FLA

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 06:16:03
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 06:16:03