Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Free level editor?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
What is a good free level editor that I can use to export .x or .dbo files and be able to load a level that contains objects that symbolize spawn points. Ok I didn't know how to say that well... but I want an editor I can use like Quake 3's BSP editor. When you make a map for quake 3 you place objects where the players, items, and other stuff appear. And your game engine finds those objects, deletes them, then places the real object there. Is there a good free map editor that can do that?
Relativity
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2006 18:36 Edited at: 18th Apr 2006 18:36
There are plenty of links to object editors that can be found in this thread: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=30080&b=10

However, I don't think those editors include spawn points (and I don't think you're going to find one that does). Instead, try creating a seperate editor in DB that loads the .x object you created, lets you place spawn points within the level, then saves the positions of those spawn points to a file which you could later read.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 21:39:38
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 21:39:38