Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / i am find a game maker help me!!!!!!!!!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hi i am whoulding if u would khow what gamemaker whould be best for newbie and easy to make and can do a lot.

thanks for reading help me!!!

yo the people of the game would
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2006 06:29 Edited at: 20th Apr 2006 06:30
zoro, calm down, take a deep breath . Your typing like a five year old that just had coffee .
1) It appears that English is not your first language, but if it is, actually take time to spell and use decent grammer . I'm assuming by "whoulding" you mean "wondering" ?
2) Don't put so many exclamation points, it's just annoying .
3) You don't need to have help me so much, this is a forum, where you ask for help, we know you need help, and you typing it three times isn't going to make us respond any faster .
4) It just all depends on what your looking for. Do you want to program? How much work are you willing to put into it? Do you just want drag and drop? What do you consider "easy" and "a lot"? What kind of things are you wanting to make .

I'm sure others here would help you a lot quicker if you'd be more specific, just calm down , and, unless English isn't your first language, use some grammer and spelling, and even if it isn't, try a little harder , and lastly, don't act so desperate . I don't mean to be mean, just trying to help .

Pirates of Port Royale
Live the life of a pirate.
Saikoro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2006 10:07
The 3d GameMaker is if you want to make a fairly low quality game, show it to your friends, and maybe play it yourself. Don't expect to make any kind of detailed game with this. It's mainly for your average guy who just wants to check out how to make a game without actually having to make it.

DarkBASIC and DarkBASIC Pro are for coding and getting into every last detail of programming a game. You can customize anything you want about it, however, that makes it that much more difficult than the 3d GameMaker. This is my preference, as it allows you to acutally program the games rather than point and click them together. DarkBASIC is a cheaper, yet less efficient program to use. Both use the same language, with minor syntax differences, though DarkBASIC Pro has more commands which make a programmer's life that much easier.

The FPSCreator is basically for making first person shooters. It runs the same way the 3D GameMaker does in the sense that you don't need to do any actual coding or have any programming knowledge to make games in it. Therefore, it isn't as customizable, and you'll end up making something pretty stock with it.

Basically, if you want to dabble in making games, go for The 3D GameMaker or FPSCreator, but if you're looking to expand your knowledge into the world of programming, go for DarkBASIC or DarkBASIC Pro.

"One World, One Web, One Program" -Microsoft ad.
"Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Führer"(One People, One Kingdom, One Leader)-Adolf Hitler.
MartinS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2006 18:33
I double Saikoro's little speech.

Mr X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2006 13:08
Quote: "I double Saikoro's little speech."

Me to, but I include it in Gil Galvanti and makes one of my own in a sec about not posting so many topics.
PS Studios Entertainment Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2006 00:28
same...

~ Peller

Hey, wheres all the cream fillin?
P.S. Studios Entertainment
~ www.psstudios.net ~
Medieval Coder
Years of Service
User Offline