Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / is codeing hard to learn or easy?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i am thinking about buying db and i am not smart at all and no codeing abillateiy to do nothing

thanks for reading

yo the people of the game would
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2006 00:21
Can you break a big problem down into smaller problems? Can you carry on doing that until you reach the lowest level? If so, then you can learn to code.

For free Plug-ins and source code http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk
Black Mesa
Years of Service
User Offline
When you make a post like this im going to say, it would be very hard for you.
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2006 01:04
no harder than spelling

David iz cool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2006 02:36
its hard at 1st.if u have never programmed before.but if you keep trying,eventually it becomes easier as u learn.

start very simple,just look at the help commands.for example,try loading a model u made with load object command. also use the command control camera to look at your model.later try to move your object with some command. before u know it u will think programming isnt too hard.

also remember practice makes perfect.
one more thing,be prepared to have many headaces when something doesnt work right.which will happen often.
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2006 12:36
how to learn programming:

buy book
read book
copy book
lern book

my forum - still in development
Mr X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2006 12:52 Edited at: 20th Apr 2006 12:53
Is programing hard? This is a program in DarkBASIC that put up a black screen until you press any key...

Was that too hard? Thats one of the most simple programs to make.

If programing is hard or not depends on you. But the longer you practice, the better you get and the faster you learn. If you want to test DarkBASIC without having to pay, its just to download the trial version. And if you run into any trubble, use the forum.

I wish you goodluck.
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Programming starts off easy....

Print "Hello"

Then gets a bit harder....

rem Ask the user for their name
input "enter your name>";name$

rem Respond to user
print "hello ";name$

And keeps getting harder, and harder, but very, very slowly. The people that struggle the most are the ones that try something that is too hard straight away.

Flashing Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2006 23:37
Quote: "no harder than spelling"

Quite an ironic statement, seen as the word 'program' is the American version of the English word 'programme'.

The word "Gullible" cannot be found in any English Dictionary.
Virtual X
Years of Service
User Offline
zoro,

if you keep telling yourself your not smart, then that's exactly how you will stay! believe in yourself,try hard, take small steps and your confidence will grow, before you know it your be the next John Carmack
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2006 01:48
unfortunately I speak american, not english. so if program in american is the correct spelling of the american word, then I have spelled it correctly - rendering your post, your point, and its implied irony, m00t.

TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2006 04:16
Actually, it doesn't really matter if you are English or American because the word 'Program' is normally spelt the same in both when referring to computers.

Not sure about in the USA, but in UK English, a 'Programme' generally refers to a list of events in a presentation - like a 'TV programme' or a 'Theatre Programme'.

As the first computer program was generally believed to be written in a language called Ada in the USA, I think it's fair to say that the rest of the English speaking world adapted the US spelling for the term when programming computers.

TDK_Man

CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2006 15:20
yeah, that too

tiffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2006 20:36
Yeah well most prgramming languages use color instead of colour but that doesn't mean that colour is a spelling mistake.

Cwatson
Darknewb
Years of Service
User Offline
Well zoro i just got dark basic. Im obviesly not good coz i just started! Mr X is right download the trial! I started with gamemaker (which is free for the unregistered version) but i think that darkbasic is much better.Im slowly getting better each time i go on but im still not pro! You have to start somewhere and that is darkbasic. If you like the trial id say get the full version!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 21:37:29
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 21:37:29