Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Blender object doesn't look the same

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2006 18:57 Edited at: 21st Apr 2006 18:07
If you view the image attached you will understand my problem. The image to the left is what my simple person looks like in blender. To the right is what he looks like in DBPro. He is not smoothed and he doesn't have his hat.
The person is the parent object to the hat, if that is important for you to know. I exported the model with the DirectX8 option.
I am using Blender version 2.40 and DBPro version 1.06, Candidate 9.
Is there a better way to export my models from blender to DBPro? Hopefully a free better way.

Thanks.

Edit: I have fixed the smoothing problem but I still do not know why the hat is not showing up. I might have to group them or something but I don't know how. This post might need to be moved because it is now just about the modeling.

Insanity is just a state of mind

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Daemon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2006 19:11 Edited at: 21st Apr 2006 21:00
(I am double posting because I want to add another picture so please don't yell at me)

I don't know if this is an improvement or not. I can get both the hat and the person to be exported together as one object now. There is nothing wrong with the person. The hat, however, isn't being loaded ontop of his head! Why not? (It's also green. I have the hat being gray in Blender)

Edit: I added a cape to see where it would be positioned and now I don't see the hat or the cape at all.

Insanity is just a state of mind

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Scorpyo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2006 23:00
1) The model in Blender is Gourad shaded, thus the smoothing, but it's a rendering effect of Blender itself, meanwhile in DBP you see the poligonal mesh as it is.
I suggest that you make your models viewing them as triangulated mesh in the modeler as well, or you'll end up with annoying differencies.

2) Hat: That's a limb offset problem, Sometimes the exporter doesn't keep the relative limbs positions like in the modeler.

Start modeling the hat exactly at 0,0,0 in the modeler then move it to the top of the head.
If it doesn't work do the opposite, model the hat exactly where it should be.
Hope it will help
cheers

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 21:25:19
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 21:25:19