Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Camerons World V.09

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2006 04:59 Edited at: 21st Apr 2006 05:00
Cameron's World V.09 is now available to play with. It was written in Dark Basic Classic. It is the beginning series of the planets in our game Kreallian Empire. This small part of the game shows some interesting things to do with character AI and steps around the Dark Basic Classic animation problem with 3ds models.

You are invited to look at it and download it at:

http://kreallian.no-ip.org

it is in the download section.

sincerely,

Marina

My naughty taboo website
http://uksoft.planetdns.net/naughty/taboo.html
greenlig
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2006 11:20 Edited at: 21st Apr 2006 11:21
lookhs...raunqqchy....

Aust. Convention...get there!! http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=38799&b=2&p=1
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2006 12:28
It looks like an interesting start. The models look good, both the characters and items. What's the deal with the animations and collision though?

Perhaps Dark Basic Professional would accomodate your world better. The technology is much more advanced.

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2006 12:50
i remember this when i first joined this forum. it was pretty uh.. in it's early stages. glad to see that it is still being worked on

my forum - still in development
The admiral
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks interesting

The admiral
Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2006 13:41
Is it cold in here?

Looks interesting. Nice models. Are they animated?

EZrotate!
TextureMax!
3D Character Maker!
Marina
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2006 23:30
I'll try and answer most of everybodys questions from above and comments. Hey guys I talk english really good now. Its been a while since I've been here. I have gotten married moved to Florida, gotten divorced and moved back to Kentucky.

We have done the game above in dbpro, it lost something in the display quality so we stuck with classic. We just couldn't get the black to go invisible correctly around the edges of the meshes and we had pointing problems and include dba problems. We were really happy with the ease of animation with pro tho. Where classic sucks at animation. All of the characters have bones so its a no go in classic unless we just reload poses.

We have another engine for the major game but Beth Irene and myself still like playing with classic. We have been making a scifi animated movie using classic its about half done. We have just about figured out every way to cheat on its short comings and make it do what we want now except for the max animation style, I don't think that problem can ever be gotten around in classic. Yes the models have lots of animations from walking to sitting, talking eating just about everything you do in normal life. The soldiers not displayed yet have animations being added daily, but they are all in milkshape and 3ds. Some of the models are over sexed a bit but it makes things interesting in the romance modes, thats what happens when you have women making games more kissing than killing. LOL Talk to all later.

sincerely,

Marina XSears Doba again.

My website
http://kreallian.no-ip.org
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2006 23:47 Edited at: 21st Apr 2006 23:58
I think I remember seeing this game quite a while ago on here...looks pretty interesting.

It's like a Megaton Cat radar, 24 hours a day.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 12:15:02
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 12:15:02