Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Size Help Needed

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok I recently got darkBASIC so im very new to it and programming in general. I tried to make a program be a certain size so I used the set window size command to make it that size and when i do that it just changes the size of the window. all thats inside the window is black unless I maximize the window then it shows my "printed" text on the very edge on the left side. Any way to make it so that my actual file is the same size as the window.
Mr X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2006 21:00
You know you should post the source code. Any I dont really understand the question. Do you wish to create a window of a cirtain size? Or do you wish to do something else? Please formulate a question. It would be alot easier.

And the "print" command always show the text that way. Unless you use the "set cursor" command before it (with that one, you can set the coordinates where the text should be printed). You can use the "text" command if you like, its a combination of "set cursor" and "print".
Daemon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2006 04:00
When you make the window smaller it automatically makes the text smaller. The reason you are not seeing your text printed to the left of the window when you use set window size is because the text is becomming to small. Use set text size before you print the text to make the text bigger so that you can see it. I am not quite sure what you are asking but this seems like your problem.

Insanity is just a state of mind
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2006 22:36 Edited at: 24th Apr 2006 22:37
You have to realise that Set Window Size does nothing more than that - set the size of the window.

If you use:

Set Window Size 800,600

then only the size of the window is set. DB's default output screen is still the default 640x480.

So, you need to also use the Set Display Mode command to set the output screen to the same size.

Be aware though that although you can set any size for the window width and height, you are limited to the available sizes you can use with Set Display Mode (Use the Check Display Mode() function to find out what modes are available).

Note that the above example is for DBC users. You didn't say what you were using!

TDK_Man

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 21:37:18
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 21:37:18