Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
1. Does the game always compile to a single exe? "Can you not have it do that so it can use external media from a folder or file"

2. If ? 1. Is true can the media be read from a zip or rar file like Medal of Honors .pk3 file.

3. How good is the book from this site? I just ordered it.

RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2006 04:49
1. Does the game always compile to a single exe? "Can you not have it do that so it can use external media from a folder or file"

Yes and yes.

2. If ? 1. Is true can the media be read from a zip or rar file like Medal of Honors .pk3 file.

Yes.

3. How good is the book from this site? I just ordered it.

You ordered the book... and THEN asked about it? ...
I havent ordered/read it so I cant really say anything but Ive heard its good. Then again, people always got along ifne without it before it came out...

Labyrnth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2006 04:57 Edited at: 23rd Apr 2006 04:59
heheh yah i odered it first. Cause i have one on it now by another author. But this one is from th makers of DB Pro so im hoping it is better.

And by the way can you give a small example of how i could make it read from a .pk3?
Say read a image from a .pk3 with a folder structure in it.
textures > sky > starbg.png

Also one last thing... is thereanother comment to use other than "Rem"

Thanks for the quick reply too btw.

RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2006 05:11
You can use the ` (thats the quote symbol below the console (~) button), but you cant put these statements after lines of code, only above/below.

I didnt see the pk3 part, Im pretty sure you can read from rar and zip files however. Just enter the media in the file's full path and try it out, eg;

LOAD OBJECT "C:/Desktop/File.pk3/Model.x",1

Experiment with it. If it doesnt work... then it doesnt work

Labyrnth
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok thank you very much man... and the ` is what i was thinking but did not try it seeing im at work right now. I hate REM. looks crappy in the source.

RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2006 05:28
I agree . Glad I could help.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 21:34:20
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 21:34:20