Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / AXiS (PlayBasic)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2006 00:08 Edited at: 31st Mar 2011 05:44
Been working on a new game example called AXIS. It's basically an old school 2d shooter. While it's functional (it plays), it's really only designed to be a more update to date PB Tech Demo. Since, Most of the game demos that come with PB were written years ago!

So far this is about an afternoons work spread over a few days. The most difficult think has been finding bits of ART i could slap together. And I do mean slap together!. The game basically plays, what's missing is some more AI logic for the Aliens, the players death/restart and perhaps some thruster particles for the player .

Tonight, I've also been messing with blending modes. The entire screen is using Alpha sub to help create the blur effect. Which i kinda like. Been messing with different modes for the Aliens and turns out they look like glowing blobs when setup correctly. So that's a keeper to. It's Not the most elegant looking thing i've ever seen, nor does it play very well.. but it'll serve it purpose well enough..

Screen shot attached.

http://www.playbasic.com

Attachments

Login to view attachments
DB newbie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2006 01:27
the effects look nice from the screen shot.

visit my site (unfinished)
www.freewebs.com/dbnewbie
Kevin Picone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2006 21:40 Edited at: 31st Mar 2011 05:45
Yeah thanks, it's coming along. Will no doubt have to call it quits on this today. Running out of time to get the new Release and PlayBASIC demos done.

Semiragh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2006 06:54
pretty good for an arcade style shooter. used to play them when i was younger, might try yours out.

Fear drives our will to live.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 12:28:26
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 12:28:26