Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Help PLZ!!!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am working on an assignment where I use megaman zero sprites to make a quick attacking program where you move megaman and attack an enemy machine. I have everything set up as far as moving my character(megaman) and setting up music and a background. What I am asking for help with is I am having trouble setting up a function to use my shot sprite and also setting up a basic AI for the opponent to move up and down continuously. Can anyone help me with coding ideas. I attached my beginning program to this message for anyone who wants to take a wuick look. Its nothing special.

Any help would be appreciated...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mr X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2006 16:00 Edited at: 24th Apr 2006 16:01
When I made AI for the first time (of two at the moment), I didnt make a thinking one. I just put up a variable that I randomized, and if the numbers was inbetween a cirtain spektrum, it would do one thing, like follow, or hide. If the player passed bellow it (you couldnt even mive in 2d, you could only move back and fourth across the screen, and an upper player would either be controld by the AI or by a fellow player), well, it fired. It was very basic (but still it was better then me ), but I hope it can inspire you. Goodluck.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 21:33:56
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 21:33:56