Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Problem with sprites moving

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Back again for more. Here is a quick summary: I'm working on a project for a card game. Right now I'm just setting up the controls for the cards. Well, the problem is two cards (sprites 13 and 14) when collision with the mouse (p3=1 and q3=1) and mouse click is active (d=1), they will not move. All the others will. I checked the code 15x and can't see anything wrong. Any help is appreciated.

Speak while there's time.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
cartrbl
Years of Service
User Offline
Keep forgetting to mention I'm using DB v1.13.

Mr X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2006 20:36 Edited at: 26th Apr 2006 20:40
Quote: "Keep forgetting to mention I'm using DB v1.13."

But still you forgot to mention something more important: DBC or DBPro? Always mention that (but still, Im not much better myself ).
cartrbl
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry, DBC.

zenassem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2006 21:15 Edited at: 26th Apr 2006 21:17
Nevermind that wasn't the problem
musty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2006 22:34
Hi Cartrbl. I examined your code and I think the problem is not about the sprites. It is about your coding. I am not a great coder either but I don't think you can go any further without using some kinds of data structures,loops,procedures,functions,etc. I am using DBPro and don't know what kinds of limitations DBC has about data types but even if it doesn't have user defined types at least there should be arrays. I don't want to sound negative. I am just trying to be helpful.

"Ignorance is bliss." Cypher from the movie The Matrix
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
I checked the code 113 times and got dizzy! Maybe that is why it is called DB 1.13.

Without the images I can't test it, and I can't read it either. It is written in japanese.

Erm, your problem is with the indentation, and arrangement, and lack of arrays, and lines of repeating code over, and over. I think that you are the only person that can fix this problem, because your brain knows where everything is.

tiffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2006 16:54 Edited at: 27th Apr 2006 16:54
This is the strangest code i've ever seen. Well firstly it would be helpful to have your media so we can test the program and see the error happe for ourselves. Secondly i dont know how they do things in istanbul but over here we would structure an if statement like so.

They have the internet on computers now
Mr X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2006 18:07 Edited at: 2nd May 2006 10:29
musty, you can use subrutines and functions to make the code for effective and more readable. That will also give you more structures.

Quote: "Secondly i dont know how they do things in istanbul but over here we would structure an if statement like so."

I somehow doubt the place where he lives is any problem.

EDIT:

I confess Ive not takes a close look (take no offence, its just me, but I dont want to get a headake). But you can also use arrays and FOR-NEXT loops to make the code more effective.
musty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2006 14:55 Edited at: 28th Apr 2006 14:55
Hi there Tiffer and Mr X. I believe there's a slight confusion here. Firstly ,that code is not mine. It belongs to cartrbl and I don't think he is from Istanbul. Secondly, I agree with you and I have stated my opinion in my previous post.
Quote: "I don't think you can go any further without using some kinds of data structures,loops,procedures,functions,etc."

Quote: "even if it doesn't have user defined types at least there should be arrays."

cartrbl
Years of Service
User Offline
I really appreciate the support from the DB community. I'm going to redo some of the code and submit again for errors along with the media. And no I'm not from or in Istanbul.

Mr X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2006 10:32
Quote: "Hi there Tiffer and Mr X. I believe there's a slight confusion here. It belongs to cartrbl and I don't think he is from Istanbul."

Lol, sorry .

Quote: "And no I'm not from or in Istanbul. "

NOOOOO, YOU CANT MEAN THAT!!! (Just kidding with you )
musty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2006 10:59
I haven't heard of a place called Cyberspace in Istanbul.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 21:39:56
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 21:39:56