Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / **AE's Crosshair Pack**

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2006 20:58 Edited at: 3rd May 2006 09:22
**Link to where you can buy the pack is in the 8th message of this thread**
It's finally finished...

My first FPSC pack has been completed and is ready for release (though it won't be available until 1st May). The crosshair pack includes 40 crosshairs that can be used in your games along with a tutorial on how to get them into FPSC and instructions on where to extract the crosshairs too.

The crosshairs themselves vary so much that they cater for almost every need; whether in be a sci-fi horror game or a "shoot the spastic Chicken" game, you're bound to find something in this pack to suit your needs.

All the crosshairs in this pack can be used for commercial and non-commercial games but you must give me a mention in the credits. The pack will cost £2 ($3.60 / €2.90).

Watch the promotional Video Here

In a few days i shall give you a paypal account to pay into and i'll start distribution on 1st May (ofcourse you'll have to give me your E-Mail address so i can sent it to you).

Hope this helps,
AE

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2006 22:23
Not a bad little presentation, AE. Good work, and congratulations on your first pack.

-Keith

phil17
Years of Service
User Offline
looks very cool indeed. The video was amazing lol very nice music choice.
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2006 01:23
Looks good, but.... white only? That tends to get a bit boring in the end.

Bored of indoor? Add outdoor to your FPSC games!
http://www.aeilkema.dds.nl/mega/index.html
Need music for your games? Check the above link also!
marius dark
Years of Service
User Offline
nice work...but u could get them for free...the net....or just make them...but u did nice work...keep it up...
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2006 09:48
The reason i made it was because i know alot of people can't be bothered/don't know how to make crosshairs. This is for their conveniance (one less job off the list)

Ben A: I chose to do them all in white because
1) White is easier to see
2) A white crosshair can apply to any genre of game (as opposed to having them red, which could only be used for a horror game.

Phil17: The music is called "Clubbed to death"by Rob Dougan

AE

Play my Basic Trainning Level: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=72985&b=25&p=0
**Crosshair pack coming soon**
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2006 10:11 Edited at: 27th Apr 2006 10:47
AE,
Why can you only use a red crosshair for a horror game?You could use it for anything.
I have an idea and I might try it out later.Make a crosshair semi-transparent that way it looks kind of like you lock on to an enemy when the crosshair is on it.
BTW your video was good.I'm probably going to buy your crosshairs pack.You might think about making them in a vareity of colors.The more options you give buyers the more buyers you usually get.
They look good,though.Good job so far.

Edit post:
Here is a crosshair to illustrate what I am talking about.

FLA
We are all noobs at something!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2006 19:33
I understand but the crosshairs a slightly transparent anyway (about 10-20% transparent). Also, most games have white crosshairs so that you can have any colour lighting in your scene. Imagine a red crosshair in a blood-filled, red-light-lit room. It's very unlikely you'll get a completely white room.

AE

Play my Basic Trainning Level: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=72985&b=25&p=0
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2006 21:17 Edited at: 27th Apr 2006 21:23
I don't usually double post but i have an important update:

The Pack has been completed!
##################################
Testing is complete; all files have been checked, the tutorials have been written and a payment system has been set up. The final pack wieghs in at 205kb (zipped) and contained 40 crosshairs in .tga format, 40 previews of the croshairs in .bmp format, instructions on where to extract the crosshair and a short tutorial for getting them into FPSC easily.

I originally said i would include the original defualt crosshair for reference but i'm worried about illegal re-distribution and so it WILL NOT BE INCLUDED IN THE FINAL PACK.

########################################
You can pre-order (pay for it now, avoid the rush) the crosshair pack today from:

http://www.freewebs.com/tannerproductions/store.htm

Pack distribution will start on Monday 1st May and EACH PACK WILL BE SENT TO THE E-MAIL ADDRESS THAT YOU PAYPAL ACCOUNT IS REGISTERED TO.

Enjoy,
AE

Just One Old Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2006 22:10
AE, nice little time saving pack. Well worth the money for the people who, as you say, don't have the time or desire to make them all themselves. Excellent job on the showcase video, very nicely done. Good web page, too. Hope you do well with it...

Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2006 09:50
Thanks, the web site isn't finish yet and its still a bit blank and bare in some sections but at least i got the "Buy Now" the work. The showcase video didn't really showcase the crosshairs as best it could, i thought, and i wasn't sure it would go down well becuase of that but everyone seemed to like it.

The level which i'm running around in is from My sci-fi Game

AE

Just One Old Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2006 15:41
It might have shown more of the product, but the video was well produced and the vocal presentation was really good. That makes a lot of difference. I was so surprised by that I actually forgot about the hud pack for a minute. You might want to think about selling that service to other people with products to offer.

"I'll showcase your product in a 3 minute video for only $$$$$".

Who knows, it might fly....

Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2006 21:05
Perhaps...

To make a video for my product was easy because i had access to all the files and a level that already built.

For someone else's product, they'd need to send me a free version then i'd have to build a map to impliment them in to.

AE

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 08:31:15
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 08:31:15