Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Okay go easy on me, Does Maya work with FPS Creator?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2006 02:26
Hey so what files does fps creator work with? If I buy it, can I use FBX and .mb files? Which 3d formats?
And does FPS CReator support movies(.divx,mpg,quicktime etc}
and finally Ican import sound files ay? if I make them mono Can I make them directional?ie attatch them to a virtual location?
Cheers, Thanks for any headsup...

The meaning of life is a life of meaning
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2006 10:22
FPSC uses direct x or .x models.Maya should have an .x exporter plug in.Then you would want to download the free entity creator in the FPSC downloads section and view the tutorial.
Then I would get Magic FPS,ECS Pro and Signs II (I'm sure there are others too) to import your entities into FPSC.

FLA
We are all noobs at something!
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2006 01:23
yes maya works with fpsc if you have the plugin

(i cant believe maya bought out alias)

http://ninjasoftforum.proboards107.com
MayaChat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2006 02:23
So say I've been working in Maya, and I've finished my character, am ready to take it to FPS Creator, What exactly do I have?
1.A skinned character with joints(skeleton)
2.Above + 3 animations:Character@walk.(?what extension),character@stationary.???,character@death? character@shooting.something...
What does a character animator need to successfully put a character into FPSC?
oh, and how many polygons?Thanks guys

MayaChat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2006 03:17
Oh yeah,Ihas returned, can u give me a quick heads up on those other apps u mentioned?Signs Magic fps and ecs pro. In a nutshell why would I use them and why can I not use FPSC to do their job?
Cheers

MayaChat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2006 01:24
can anyone give me a quick heads up on those other apps mentioned?Signs Magic fps and ecs pro. In a nutshell why would I use them and why can I not use FPSC to do their job?
Cheers

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2006 02:24
Signs II and III allow you to make various signs, pictures, segments,etc. and import them into FPSC.
Signs II is free.Signs III costs a few bucks but it is worht it.
Magic FPS is a segment creator with a bunch of cool options and the developer is constantly adding features to it.
ECS Pro is an application that takes your models and imports them into FPSC as entities.
You can search this forum for more info about the Signs and FPS Magic apps and search the FPSC Chat forum for info about ECS Pro.

FLa
Where you can find my demo:http://www.savefile.com/files/6970524
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2006 18:02
hey. I use maya at the moment, and frankly, you're stuffed if you want to take an animated character from Maya to FPSC.
The .x exporter plugin is available from the microsoft DirectX SDK, but it's really un-reliable, and if you try to export an animated model, it corrupts the x file.
the only solution is to export the model in another format and open it in a different 3d program, then export it to .x from that. So, maya is kind of a waste of time.

Then again that's just my experience, try it if you want.

"Guns for show, knives for a pro."
MayaChat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2006 12:46
Yo Butterfingahs, does it work with .fbx?

MayaChat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2006 17:29
So what does everyone think about FPSC?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 08:27:32
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 08:27:32