Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / [LOCKED] Anyone have age of empires 1

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2006 20:58
Hi I'm working on my first game it will be free and will be made with the level creator in the age of empires game. I have just started making games so that is why it is a simple one to start with. I will post screnshots soon.

Conor B
The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2006 20:59
o_0

3D Arcade-like game:
SpaceBattle-Shootout
Sven B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2006 20:59
Rules rules rules... They're here for a reason you know.

It's the programmer's life:
Have a problem, solve the problem, and have a new problem to solve.
Conor B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2006 21:03
What are you talking about?

Conor B
hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2006 21:04
DON'T POST A WIP UNTIL YOU ALREADY HAVE SOME SCREENSHOTS!

(sorry about the caps lock)

Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Post screenies or we'll lock this thread. Please read the stickies at the top of this forum before making threads.

Sven B
Years of Service
User Offline
Straight from the rules of this forum(sticky):

Quote: "
Where's My Game?
W.I.P is work in progress, and surely, even after just 5 minutes of planning, you could say a game was, work in progress. You can't however, expect people to go crazy over your game if you've only got a storyline and a name for the main character. Work on your game, wait until you've got something to show then BAM!!! post a thread about your game, showing all the work you've put into it and all the different parts that your busily working on and people will think, "Hey, this persons, done a lot of work on this game and I can see that there serious about wanting to finish it, I'll give them some encouragement and let them know how good they're doing."

Screenshots
Do you have any screen shots of your game, these can be obtained pretty easily, just press Prt Scrn (to the left of F12) go to Paint, then Edit>Paste, and save your image, then go to http://www.photobucket.com or any other hosting site and follow the available instructions. Remember pictures speak a thousand words, and alot of people will find it easier to judge your game if you've got a couple of pictures of what it looks like in action.

NOTE:: It's advisable to resize your screenshots to make a reasonable size, the last thing people want (especially people on 56k) is to have to wait ages for a picture to load, by that time they may have got board and gone to look at someone elses game, I find 640x480 is a reasonable size.

Info
How can people comment on your game if they don't know anyhting about it, ofcourse you may not want to tell us everything about your game but there's always something you can type. Tell us what the objective of one of the levels is, what weapons you can use, what different modes will be in the game, anything people can talk about.

Demo
People can only stay excited about screenshots and litle bits of info before long. Eventually you'll need to put your money(or rather, your game) where your mouth is and release a demo. Again, this doesn't have to give away too much about your game, maybe a single level, or a demo that times out after a few minutes, just something that people can comment on.

Be Prepared
Now the whole point of a W.I.P post is for people too see your game and tell you what they think, if they don't like the look of it then they'll probably tell you, and this is definately more of a good thing than a bad thing. It's much better to learn whats not so good about and improve it before final release, rather than releasing your game, a few people downloaging it, saying its no good, and eveyone just ignoring it, remember, the customer ( or downloaded) is always right. When you post a W.I.P don't expect everyone to say "Oh my god what an amazing game, gimmme, gimme, gimme" Hopefully, a few people will say that, but there will inevitably be someone with a negative reaction, don't tell them there wrong, because they won't be, just read what they've written, write a quick message to thank them for there input, then get around to improving your game.
"

It's the programmer's life:
Have a problem, solve the problem, and have a new problem to solve.
Conor B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2006 21:07
Ok sorry You can delete this thread if you want and i will open a new one when I have screens and demos.

Conor B
tiffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2006 22:10
Are you on drugs. You cant make games using the an in game level creator

They have the internet on computers now
NeX the Fairly Fast Ferret
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2006 22:13
Erm... Yes you can.

At least farting ferrets are better than stinky stoats.
Bob da reaper
Years of Service
User Offline
i did once but you need to learn the custom file format that game saves it's maps in

I pwn n00bs
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2006 23:38
Quote: "Are you on drugs. You cant make games using the an in game level creator"

**cough** FPSC, Torque, MMF, Sandbox, Unreal Engine. Sorry, naster cough, had you not said 'are you on drugs' that point would have been less sarcastic.

Yey! I removed the sig...
A Llama called Dalai
The admiral
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "**cough** FPSC, Torque, MMF, Sandbox, Unreal Engine. Sorry, naster cough, had you not said 'are you on drugs' that point would have been less sarcastic.
"

Actually those arnt ingame editors their engines or special level/game editing tools designed for modding and content creation the ingame editor or age of empires is only designed to make levels for age of empires 1.

The admiral
Milkman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2006 01:07
Age of Empires was an excellent game!

tiffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2006 01:25
Did any of you guys read the original post?

They have the internet on computers now
Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2006 03:04 Edited at: 28th Apr 2006 03:05
Soooooo...why is this psot here? This forum is about Dark Basic, not games from AGE 1's editor.

EDIT: and who plays that anymore? I play AGE III!

Uncle Sam
Nvidia Geforce 7600 GS 256MB PCIEx, 2.66 GHZ Pentium 4 proccessor, 768MB RAM
Want a real FPS? Click here!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 12:29:40
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 12:29:40