Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / custom character (us soldier) need help..

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hi, i need help with 2 things...once they are fixed i will release this model free....heres a screenie
1st: on little fpsc map (where you put all objects on for the lvl) the texture to the model looks fine then once i tset game the texture isnt there? just goes blank.
2nd problem:as well as the no texture there is the gun in his hand....its huge! the trigger is easily the size of his arm..so please help me out if you want ill post a screenie of the problem , thx --matt

FOR FREE STATIC MODELS FPSC READY AND IN .MS3D FORMAT GO TO WWW.FREE3DMODELS.FREEWEBSITEHOSTING.COM !!!!!!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
the programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
need more information first.

what is the format of the texture that you are using

does your model show up when you are in the test game fase.

does the FPE locate the proper texture file.

where did you create the model because some programs may export Directx ,but will come with problems.

Give me your feedback, the best way i could solve this bug is if you sent me the files i could see whats rong at a greater speed.

but give me your feedback

cheers to all!!!
matttess
Years of Service
User Offline
i use jpg format...
it only shows up when im placing the models not test mode.
the fpe might im not sure it looks like this..
textured = entitybank\user\us soldier\ussoldiertexture.jpg
and i imported it into fragmotion and exported it into milkshape then exported it using milkshape and i will send you the files...thanks again..

FOR FREE STATIC MODELS FPSC READY AND IN .MS3D FORMAT GO TO WWW.FREE3DMODELS.FREEWEBSITEHOSTING.COM !!!!!!
matttess
Years of Service
User Offline
and heres the download for the files, have fun! lol http://files.filefront.com/us_soldierrar/;5019749;;/fileinfo.html

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2006 04:02
I checked and honestly I don't have a clue.As far as I can tell by looking it should work fine but I don't know anything about animated characters.I will say this.You give the term BFG a new meaning.Maybe someone else can figure it out.

FLA
We are all noobs at something!
TeMpLaR1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2006 04:28 Edited at: 30th Apr 2006 05:36
well on the .fpe file dont write entitybank/ blah blah just write the texture file and .x file

2nd: you need to fix the scaling in ur model program because adjusting the scale with the .fpe causes problems such as increasing the weapon size that the enemy holds thats why ur weapons are huge

the reason im thinking why the texture isnt working is because you change the scale i nth e.fpe file
i bet if u left it as it is now, real tiny, you would see it with the texture

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2006 08:22
I didn't think of that but I haven't made a character model.That was one big gun.

FLA
We are all noobs at something!
matttess
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2006 11:48 Edited at: 30th Apr 2006 11:49
lol i will have to try that,so areyou saying scale it bigger in milkshape rather than in fpsc?,is there any format the texture has to be? just wondering,....oh well ill give these a try once i get on my pc,---thx for help every1 ill keep ya posted ...AND if it does work ill post the model!but how would i change the size in milkshape then?

matttess
Years of Service
User Offline
ok i managed to make him bigger without adjusting the fpe file!!! it works ok now no giant gun,but the texture is still messed up?anyway ive run into an even bigger problem... when i choose test game the soldier looks like something from men in black lol u kno the alien things....its cos the animation skeleton is the size of his boot how can i make it bigger?

matttess
Years of Service
User Offline
please help me..i need to scale the joins (animation skeleton) to his size

matttess
Years of Service
User Offline
TeMpLaR1 , i have tried making him larger but theres a downside....i cannot resize the animation skeleton (joints) so literaly the anims go all funky cos it is tiny.....so im stuck,either i choose no giant gun and try and make my own anims ...PFFT ,or i have to use fpe file to make him larger.so please help me,and i have also tried scaling the skeleton animation in fragmotion.I can make it all go fine but when i export into ms3d it stay the same size? apart from its moved from the floor to his waist....ahh well

TeMpLaR1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2006 14:55 Edited at: 1st May 2006 14:56
well i havernt used any of thsoem odeling programs , iv e only used 3dsmax and what i see of that it is just adjusting the size of the boens by right clicking and pressing resize

all i no is this

rescaling threw .fpe with ur texture etc probably wont work , the reason why ur character is black is because it isnt either uv mapped properly or theres some sort of weirdness causing the the texture to expand over ur character , bascially ur character is growing but ur texture is staying the same size causing it to apply to the balc kareas of ur texture

matttess
Years of Service
User Offline
well it doesnt matter anymore...i managed to export in fragmotion instead on milkshape

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2006 16:55
You do a relly good job with static models.I can't wait to see how your character turns out.

FLa
Where you can find my demo:http://www.savefile.com/files/6970524
matttess
Years of Service
User Offline
thx its nearly there tho just prob with anim it starts at 1 and ends in 0 i think so its lil messed up ill fix it soon

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 08:33:43
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 08:33:43