Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Important segment discovery!! Something to share :-)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2006 07:07 Edited at: 1st May 2006 00:42
ok, now you may have been making your own segments with TGC's segment creator. only thing is..when you shoot it in game there's no damage decal. still a bullet hole, but no sparks or debris (infact some of the model pack2 segments don't even show damage)

HMM. what to do you ask?

Go to the segments folder. go to the folder in which your wall is located. if it's your own thats gonna be "user".

ok, now open the .fps file for your segment. In here each wall and floor mesh is referenced, and it's attributes are stored. by changing the value for materialindex (the number after = not the number after the condition duh)
you can change how the wall will react when shot.

..no problem...

oh yeah. and here are the indexes.

0=soft
1=stone
2=metal
3=wood
4=glass
5=liquid
6=cloth

hope it helps people

"Guns for show, knives for a pro."
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2006 23:54
liquid?

water?

im confused

http://ninjasoftforum.proboards107.com
Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "20 views and no comments?"

WHAT? you and other people should start to learn how to wait! WAIT! dont ask people to resond to your threads, thats dumb...

juice is made from oranges....
code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2006 00:29
Thanks for sharing this, It'll be usefull in any other software I make.

"I don't bite her, i just slobber on her" "I remember things as well as a retarded goldfish, who just swam through the chicago river"

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2006 00:41 Edited at: 1st May 2006 00:44
@Codemaster
No problem dude. Thanks for the appreciation.

@ Bloodeath
I think (though I haven't tested it) if you set the property to liquid, it'll be a splash decal when you shoot the wall.

@Pallmanni
Thanks for preaching. It was sarcasm though.But I took it out to make you happy. To be honest it was just a joke, and if you didn't have anything constructive to contribute, why comment at all?

"Guns for show, knives for a pro."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 08:23:52
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 08:23:52