Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Adding Text to an Object

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Is it possible to add text to an object? Suppose I wanted to apply text to one facet of a cube and have the text move and rotate with the cube?
Twu Kai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2006 16:23 Edited at: 1st May 2006 16:24
Are you using DBPro or DBC? I'm using DBPro.

If you mean having text hovering above an object, here it is:

if you mean a texture, then you can use the get image command:

Hope I've been useful in any way!

Join The Clan! http://www.torak.info

Desteya colatiata hethayas thorian helltastha lutanithan atelthuron ilonthes!
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2006 17:42
You cannot texture just one side of a DB primitive. As you can see from Mojo10's second snippet it textures all six sides.

To do what you want with a texture, you would have to do the texturing in a modelling program first.

If you want to be able to do it at run-time, your best bet would be to create a plane (DB calls them plains) the same dimensions as one face of the cube and glue it onto the cube.

You could then texture just the plane and it would look like the cube face was textured.

Here's Mojo10's second snippet ammended to do what you are after:

TDK_Man

chris319
Years of Service
User Offline
You're right, I would like to have different text or even a different image on each facet of the object. Could I do this by creating limbs and applying text/an image to each limb?

The object I am working with is actually a prism-shaped wedge with three sides, consisting of a box object with two limbs attached.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 21:24:25
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 21:24:25