Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / runtime error 3001 illegal sound file at line 12981

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
please help me this is what i get when i pick up my custom sword,any ideas?

FOR FREE STATIC MODELS FPSC READY AND IN .MS3D FORMAT GO TO WWW.FREE3DMODELS.FREEWEBSITEHOSTING.COM !!!!!!
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2006 14:44
I am not sure but you might want to make sure the sound file is in the same file as your weapon.Maybe Higgins or Crow know for sure.

FLa
Where you can find my demo:http://www.savefile.com/files/6970524
matttess
Years of Service
User Offline
yea it is in the right place lol,it does work when i place it on the floor then i test game....runs fine but as soon as i pick the weapon up it displays this message and shuts down? ah well ty anyways

FOR FREE STATIC MODELS FPSC READY AND IN .MS3D FORMAT GO TO WWW.FREE3DMODELS.FREEWEBSITEHOSTING.COM !!!!!!
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2006 16:17
You have to have these sounds:

sound1 = fire.wav
sound2 = reload.wav
sound3 = dryfire.wav
sound4 = cock.wav

They must have at least 0.01 seconds of sound in them. If you dont, the files arent correct.

I would also make sure they are PCM, as my sounds are PCM and they work fine.

Papa Lazarou: Your my wife now!

Model Pack: Tools: http://www.league-of-lunatics.co.uk/3d/tools.htm
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2006 16:19
PCM = ?

also,higgins is right about that 0.01 sec.but at mine its 0.1 sec.

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it's larger than 600x120...
matttess
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2006 17:01 Edited at: 3rd May 2006 17:45
ohh ok thx so i have to have them sounds? well okay but it might sound weird reloadin lol!

UPDATE!!
this error is now fixed,thanks very much for all of your help etc much appreciated =),now i just gotta get animations workin lol

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2006 18:52
Mat, you can go into Programs > Accessories > Entertainment > Sound Recorder. Unplug your mic, if you have one pluged in, press the recoard button on the Sound Recorder, press stop, then hit edit, move the sound bar down till you get a low run time (example: 0.75), then click delete after current postion, then save the file as a WAV, PCM format.

This will get you a clear sound file.

Papa Lazarou: Your my wife now!

Model Pack: Tools: http://www.league-of-lunatics.co.uk/3d/tools.htm
code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2006 19:27
Quote: "You have to have these sounds:

sound1 = fire.wav
sound2 = reload.wav
sound3 = dryfire.wav
sound4 = cock.wav"

no, you don't.

Ok, just put the sound file name for each sound number, leave it blank if there's none. IE:

The fireloop setting controlls the postion in bytes in the fire sound where it's looped from/to. Just mess around with this one.

AS for this:

Basicly, set "soundframes =" to the total number of times your weapon plays a sound. Then, set the sframe# equal to:

1.) the frame at which the sound is played,
2.) ","
3.) the sound number that is played

So, let's say you want to

play the fire sound in the middle of the fire animation
play the cock sound at the start of the reload anim
play the cock sound when you putaway the gun

the correct soundframe stuff for that would be:

3 = cock
4 = fire

"I don't bite her, i just slobber on her" "I remember things as well as a retarded goldfish, who just swam through the chicago river"

matttess
Years of Service
User Offline
thx!! i needed that info...a bit hard to digest lol ...anyways its fine now im just gettin animation to go with fire sound ill letcha know on how its goin...thx again--matt

matttess
Years of Service
User Offline
hey guys i was wondering if u knew how to solve my animation prob....okay here goes..when i attach my animation blah blah i get ingame and instead of my sword taking a huge swing it moves a few centimeters down then up?so how would i solve it?---thx,--matt

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 08:28:36
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 08:28:36