Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Camera Movement and Updating Issues

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2006 05:17
As I tried to transfer some of my in progress programs from the old computer to the new computer, EVERYTHING was deleted , so I'm having to redo everything from scratch and I feel like a complete idiot because I can't figure out some of my most basic problems with pong.

First off I want the right mouse button to rotate the camera around the field but the code I'm using isn't working. Take a look.

Second of all I'm trying to have my ball move, one of the essentials of pong, and it doesn't seem to be updating even with this code.

The full code is under the source button and works smoothly. Take a look and see what you can tell me.

Thanks in advance for re-educating me.

"I will work harder... if you ask me enough times."
Daemon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2006 21:42
you need to

if you are going to leave out the camera number as a parameter later in your code.

Insanity is just a state of mind
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2006 00:06
this is the worst game of pong ever (but i never did like the original)
anyway have fun with it.....
updated code

main problem was that u were using variables and not telling the comp what they were, i.e. u used 'ballz#' and 'ballx#' but didn't have 'ballz#=.......' in ur code

sorry about the camera problem, not sure on that one, probably the same sort of thing though

life's one big game
spec= 2ghz, 1gb ram, 512mb gpu, directx 9.0c, dbpro and classic

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 23:24:50
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 23:24:50