Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Select Text

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Is there any way of selecting text in DBPro? I have a list of files that can be brought up by clikcing a button but i want to be able to click on a file and load the file.
David iz cool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2006 21:57
only way i know of is:

set the text on screen.
grab an image of it.
set a sprite on screen with the text image.
set a sprite with the mouse.
then check for collision between mouse sprite & text sprite,also if left mouse is clicked.
Classic Evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 03:13
Theres a better way.
I used this for the same reason (opening files). Im still working on it but what works is something like this
- set text as string variables
- if the mouse is on the text (example: mousex()>=100 and mousex()<=250 and mousey()>=200 and mousey()<=220) and then the mouse is clicked then open the file that the string is.

There are two types of people in this world: people who are extremly cool and are good at everything and people who are me.
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 03:20
Use one of the many Fileselectors that people have written especially for the job - like this one:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=62718&b=11

TDK_Man

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 23:32:10
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 23:32:10