Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / A weird thing happened in milkshape

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 02:45
Hi

For about a week now I have been exporting my model with animation from milkshape using the regular directx 8 exporter. It was working great. Then this morning when I tried it it just stopped working. Well, it exports the file but directx mesh view cant open it and it crashes entity maker. I thought it was my model or something but I tried the model that worked for the past week and it didnt work either. It wont even work with a simple cube.

I have been trying to find a solution all day. The JT directx exporter is useless as it breaks apart the model if you dont assign the vertices to only one bone and with anything but the simplest of models this is near impossible. There is an odd scaling problem too.

Has anyone else had this problem with the directx 8 exporter in milkshape?

I searched the threads but didn't find anything like this specifically. Anyone know a fix?

Thanks

Dennis The Frogman
www.3dfrog.com
RJ is out Leave a message
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 06:07
Even I had a problem with it and I'm still working on exporting animations. So far the 3D chat fourm has been almost helpful.
RJ is out Leave a message
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 06:11
Sorry I can't help you. Got problems with this fourm. Alot of them know everything about nothing on a simple thing like animations. Except the stupied exporting of the standard FPSC bones with 3DS MAx hooo big deal. I wish you all the best.
dennisb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 13:16
Hey RJ, I didn't even think to check the 3d chat forum. Thanks. I found the correct settings for the JT exporter there. Now all is good. I couldn't even find an answer on the milkshape forum. I spent all yesterday going nuts on this. I should have thought of that forum. Next time I know better. People here know their stuff.

Thanks again.

Here's the thread if anyone needs it:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=73089&b=3

Dennis The Frogman
www.3dfrog.com
dennisb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 16:13
I thought I had it, all looked well in meshview. But it crashed entity maker. So I saved from meshview, and it went through entity maker. But in fpsc the animation didnt play. The character is just floating in some sitting pose not animated.

Ugh, I will figure it out.

Dennis The Frogman
www.3dfrog.com
matttess
Years of Service
User Offline
dennis i had the same problem where he sits and floats....and basicly look dumb plus hes untexxtured yet he should b?, oh well (i think the problem could be that they start from dying pose cos when u kill them they die in the standing 1,so i think we should start the animation from fram 1 not 0

FOR FREE STATIC MODELS FPSC READY AND IN .MS3D FORMAT GO TO [href]http//:www.free3dmodels.freewebsitehosting.com[/href] !!!!!!
dennisb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 21:42
Mattess, it think I may have had the animate button press when I exported, make sure you arent doing that. That is just for the regular directx 8 exporter. With the other JT exporter he just floats and looks dumb no matter what I do. I don't think you have to reorder the animations or anything.

Now I am having the problem that my gun is backwards that I posted a new thread for because it is a pretty different problem and maybe some people will look.

Dennis The Frogman
www.3dfrog.com
matttess
Years of Service
User Offline
i did look and i had the problem....if u used milkshape to create and exported in fragmotion its tends to rotate it.so i wouldnt export in fragmotion

FOR FREE STATIC MODELS FPSC READY AND IN .MS3D FORMAT GO TO [href]http//:www.free3dmodels.freewebsitehosting.com[/href] !!!!!!
Kill Me!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2006 21:19
i simply dont get milkshape

Birth to death, death to birth.... i wonder....
lilgamz
Years of Service
User Offline
The model size may be growing. Check out how many megs there are when you export. My milkshape to fpsc attempts were huge in terms of file size.

Mine wouldnt crash but it would lock up for long while. Id have enough time to go out for a bite to eat, come back check my e mails then entity creator would finally digest it.

I think the game might have a few quibbles with super big files too. Because the entity I finally imported, while visible in the edit mode was invisible in the game.

and kill me! I had the same problem. I found milkshape not to be very intutitve at all, but for the money, and versatility, it cant be beat.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 10:36:55
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 10:36:55