Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / How many of you guys plan on making your own games?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Its been a VERY long time since ive ever posted on here (about a year i think, and i only made one post and left for some reason. I think its called mmorpg?) and i must say, this site has REALLY blossomed. I remember when Bullshock2 and about 2 other people were around that actually know what they were doing. ANYWAY, i just wondered if all of you guys plan on making your own games. I remember that i used to dream about making the next Doom 3, while only spending 60$ or whatever it is. I just want to remind some newcomers that you really wont, because there are about 50 new games coming out called "Aliens on Mars killing you" or something, and for the story they put: you are an astronaut stranded on mars with a shotgun and your crew died somehow!!!! Listen: thats not going to happen or become a hit of any kind. stop. seriously. Just play the games, dont make them.

OH MY GOD!!! WTF IS TIGGER BOUNCING ON!!!
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 17:33
The problem isn't planning to make a game or even the storyline or genre you choose, the actual problem is finishing the game.

Most people around here start creating a game, but never finish it. There only have been few who were able to start a game and finish it. Imo a 2-3 level game isn't a finished game at all, that's a demo.

The problem is staying focussed. I can tell you about 10 ideas I've got for games, but I did not even considering them seriously until I finish my current game. Which I've just done (follow my signiture link if interested), so now I've been considering possible ideas for my next game. By now I've made my choice and it's quite interesting what I've choosen as my next project. But I'm not going to reveal it until it's done.

FPSC will not create doom 3 of half-life 6 or even quake 99, but you still can create a good looking, fun to play, more then 1 level game with it.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 7th May 2006 17:38
Quote: "FPSC will not create doom 3 of half-life 6 or even quake 99, but you still can create a good looking, fun to play, more then 1 level game with it."

I absolutely agree.
And it's not about what everybody else is making, or doing, or if they ever finish it or not. It's about what you're doing.

Happy coding....

Crazy Grandpa
K Jah
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 18:31
I think that the only thing stopping games being made is the lack of constructive criticism. Look a few posts and you may see a thread entitled "The Rift Wars - Raging Crisis". That is a game I WILL finish. But at the moment I'm running on fumes. The other thing is that if games (and I'm NOT trying to be offensive here) don't celebrate America they don't seem to do as well. I bet that if I changed British Battalion to USMC people would be slobbering all over it.

Quote: "Just play the games, dont make them."

**** Off, that's the kind of comment alot of us here are trying to stamp out of these boards.

Willie teh Leprechan
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, you guys have changed my mind. I just played The Undead and if you dont mind me saying, it was delicious. Im just used to crappy games that took a person a month to make with no point at all.

OH MY GOD!!! WTF IS TIGGER BOUNCING ON!!!
dennisb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2006 02:43
I am starting a game and am working quite devotedly on it. I am pretty sure I will see it to completion. Right now I am struggling with the limitations of the game engine and trying to find the best solution to making my game while retaining the original vision. I already made one game in another game engine. The game was called froggy boxing. It is a simple game but it is my first and I am proud of it.

I don't think people should give up because there are a million great commercial games coming out. I think people should do it for the love of doing it.

Dennis The Frogman
www.3dfrog.com
Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
My game Lucid Nightmare is horror & susspence the story is great im makeing the Demo of the hospital but i need to fix it up and make monster models

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2006 03:51
Some of us are spending a tremendious amount of time trying to create really good levels, ones that try to capture you in the whole ambient atmosphere. I am currently heading one project and helping out with one more and drawing up story boards for a second project. These are just the projects that I am using FPSC to make. I am also working on a game in Torque and one in realm craftor as well. I don't plan on making money for my games but who knows strange things have been known to happen. I think that alot of people are hunkering down and getting dirty on thier own personal projects. Hopefully soon, perhaps in the next few months we'll see a serge of games or atleast playable multilevel demos.

RF

"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
-- Winston Churchill
DaReDeViL
Years of Service
User Offline
well same here, im taking alot of thime on this game- new

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=78586&b=25

hope ya like it

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 05:43:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 05:43:27