Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Matrix World v.01

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have here for you a simple demo of I game I'm making. The main focus of this game is to have as much as possible be randomly generated at runtime. Thus, I have the land generated via the Daimond-Square algorithm, and I have trees dot the landscape. I have just implemented a simple health bar as well. You can download the zip that has both the runtime and the source at [href]http://home.earthlink.net/~mari0mega15/Matrix World.zip[/href].
Attached is a picture. I know not much is here, but still, comments are appreciated, good or bad.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
tiffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2006 00:48
Not a very good advertizement

Cwatson
TDP Enterprises
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2006 02:20
Quote: "Not a very good advertizement"
not very good spelling either.

Snow Wars is making its return, check out the Game Design Theory board for more info...
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2006 04:32
You never know what language they speak in cyberspace. Still it would be best if you posted a screen shot here to help get people to download it

Mari0mega
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh, sorry. I could've sworn I did. I haven't really made much progress since the 12th was my birthday, but here's the screenshot attached.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mari0mega
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, I've made some more progress now. You can now drown to death, and I've begun work on a character UDT, shown here.

Right now, I'm working on implementing skills of some sort. I'm adding a jumping skill right now, but my equations don't allow for a smooth progression from 1 to 100. I have the min and max jumping heights where I want them, but the skill advancement slowdown and the damage taken from a fall are way off. The plus and minus keys will quickly alter the skill so you can play with it. If it helps, I'm trying to standardize my world around inches. Here's a link to the updated program, source only.

[href]http://home.earthlink.net/~mari0mega15/MW source.zip[/href]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 14:31:46
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 14:31:46