Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / about the bOoK

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2003 05:08
hey cool cats !
my second post and it's as dull as my first-
i was wondering if someone can vouch for the book "game programming with darkbasic" i can get it at Amazon.com or just have the local book store order it
i am a toatal nOob i have never written a "real" program (i've just gotten DB to do some goofy crap) thank you 4 any n all replys

[quote]life is one crushing drfeat after another till u just wish flanders was dead!
DangYankee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2003 16:57
You would probally benefit from it, there has been some discussion on it in these forums. But be careful I bought something similar called, something like, game programing starter kit for my daughter and the book was just interviews from programmers. Not realy what I was hoping for, but hey it got me interested in programming again just for fun. Also there are a lot of tutorials here to check out. Have fun.

It's not the size of your code but how efficiently you use it!
MattIsFunA
Years of Service
User Offline
How do the reviews on Amazon sound? It ought to be good. What you would probably benefit more from, though, is a general book on 3D math and physics and AI and all that stuff. The actual programming in DarkBASIC is pretty thin. It's not like you really need to get a book on learning the language itself.

PokeSmot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2003 07:43
the reviews were good, seems like they were also from newcomers to DB.
my question would be as i have only owned db now for a week how soon will things like game math and physics work their way into my life, i can't imagine i'll be working on a game yet i haven't even really picked up on what it entails. other then the obvious a story, a point, an enemy and "the minions" of tyhe enemy. i will also try and start disecting source code till iunderstand it perfectly (if possible) i think i'll order the book just cuz i have a credit with amazon burnin a hole in my pocket!
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2003 09:02
try the lessons at www.dbheaven.com also if your kinda new to it all

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 01:05:11
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 01:05:11