Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / follow ground slope

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2006 18:16
when my player crawls,i want them to follow the slope of my x ground.how do i do this? get the angle of the ground & set my player to it???

heres a picture to show what i mean:

RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2006 18:20 Edited at: 13th May 2006 18:21
Download Sparky's Collision Dll and plug it into your DBP Plugins User folder. Once you have that installed experiment around with the commands to get a feel for them. The Dll allows you to retrieve the angle, position and bounce direction of the normal being collided with. Using this nfo, you can appropriately rotate your character to the angle of the normal below you.

The dll is somewhere in the Program Announcements board, just do a search for Collision and youll get it (something like "DBP Collision Dll" I believe. (He's got a second version out as well but I've not used it yet, though people say its faster/more accurate/all around better, I think the second version is stickied on the Program Announcements board.)

- RUC'

David iz cool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2006 18:45
ok,thanks!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 23:26:02
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 23:26:02