Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Apend object animation Fails

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2003 07:00 Edited at: 26th Mar 2003 07:01
at this line (85) i get a error when i try to compile "Can not append object to file."

its a direct copy and paste from tutorial 10 with the frame numbers and and meda paths changes as needed.

any thoughts

DangYankee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2003 19:24 Edited at: 26th Mar 2003 19:28
Just a guess, do you have the file "player/ManaCharIdle.x" ? Sounds like it can't find it. I can't really tell because I don't have the media files to test it.

rem Load 3D object and append walking data to it
LOAD OBJECT "player/ManaCharIdle.x",10+id : APPEND OBJECT "player/ManaCharWalk.x",10+id,300
`YROTATE OBJECT 1,180 : FIX OBJECT PIVOT 1

It's not the size of your code but how efficiently you use it!
Terabyte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2003 20:45
LLX

next time you post some code please only post the essential part of the code
i had to use word to locate the append object command!
also could you tell me what exactly the problem is
at a guess i'd say try this

also please make sure that your two models use the same limb names or the command will fail.
i hope this helps

I have a word of advice...
..don't piss on an electric fence!
LLX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2003 23:21 Edited at: 27th Mar 2003 00:10
well i discivered after fideling with it that their were some minor bugs i manged to fix and i fix them but still it wont apend ,th limb names have to be the same becuase its just 2 animation of the same model. But when i finally got idle to apear it was all weird and f-ed up so im thinkign maybe it can't apend because the model is fed up, id be willign to send somoe nthe code with the media if they think they can find the bug, cause now i can show a f-ed up idel but apend is still buggy

incendetly this is the code as it stand now, as soon as i try to apend it says apend must be larger then target frame. Im told the animation is 301, ive tried 302 that doesnt wor either.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 01:16:30
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 01:16:30