Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / What graphics cards work?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have been trying to use 3D Gamemaker Lite and have had problems with flashing white screens. Tech support have told me that this is due to an incompatibility with the Dark Basic 3D engine and Nividia graphics cards. I have tried some of the finished games on the website and these have the same fault which would bear out what tech support have said. It seems a major fault to not be able to work with Nvidia cards as they pretty much dominate the market and so would limit who you can share finished games with.

I want to set up a PC for my son to use the program so what graphics cards does anyone else use?
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Well it depends on how old your computer is. Nvidia 5200 is the cheapest modern graphic card. You need to find out if you have an AGP slot, or a PCI slot or a PCI-Express slot.

petet66
Years of Service
User Offline
I have an FX5200 and that is one of the cards that is incompatible with Dark Basic. Apparently it is fixed with Dark Basic Pro but 3D Gamemaker uses the older version. Tech support have suggested some Radeon cards.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 23:25:25
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 23:25:25