Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / action adventure....

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2006 17:59
ok here is a game that i am working on it is not really an rpg the poin tof this game is to go around and do things help people with things and kill things. i am working on a town right now in game and i have only been at it for like a half an hour but here yah go tell me what you think.

this si the chapel

this si the chapel graveyard

these are some shops

and this si the fountain in the center of the town. ( i need to make it bigger)

Instead of just learning how to program i am also learning how to model in Wings 3D so if you know of any good tutorials let me know.
Syl Thomson
Years of Service
User Offline
Fountain particles,its your friend!

Hello!
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2006 18:33
Looks quite good,i always like RPG games so...

also,i think some particles are needed for the fountain.

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it was too beatifull to look at...
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2006 18:37
Bit early for a WIP. All I see is a few models from other games (like Axis of Evil) that you have cobbled together.

Suggest you do a lot more work, and find some original models (or model your own).

Boo!
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2006 19:03
I think it looks quite good,as i just started my own with a VERY old version of DBP,ill try to get it atleast better then this.

also i quote this:

Quote: "i am working on a town right now in game and i have only been at it for like a half an hour but here yah go tell me what you think"

take that spooky!

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it was too beatifull to look at...
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2006 19:16 Edited at: 15th May 2006 19:17
Quote: ""i am working on a town right now in game and i have only been at it for like a half an hour but here yah go tell me what you think""

I think that was his point. Half an hour is not enough time to accomplish anything worthy of a WIP thread. I waited months to show my progress. I too could have shown a model walking around on the terrain in about 30 minutes, but had I done that, any real updates would have taken months and the WIP would have died.

True, it looks good, but it's none of the models are yours, nor is what you're showing us anything different than a modified version of the DBP RoomDemo. That coding is unsuitable for a larger game. Believe me, I know.

It looks like it could have a lot of potential. Good luck with it all.

Come see the WIP!
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2006 23:33
My RPG's models are'nt mine too,but i build it from scratch.

Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2006 01:04
@Master Mind, I don't think you understand. No one is flaming here, just saying that this is very early for a wip, which it is. Starting off with someone else’s models is fine, just if you plan to make the game into something big, generally you should get unique ones for your game.

@DB newbie, looks like it could become a fun game, but next time wait a bit before you post a wip... The only comment at the moment I can make is that I don't like the camera angle, and you should either make the camera mouse controlled, or at least put it higher above the ground.

DB newbie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2006 02:31
i use DBC and im not very good at modeling so i found some models on turbosquid that i like.

@bizar guy i agree with the camera angle i am goin to change it so that it is higher up and not so low. it is low because that movememnt is form my 3D platform game.

and i am definently going to add particals to the fountain.

Instead of just learning how to program i am also learning how to model in Wings 3D so if you know of any good tutorials let me know.
Syl Thomson
Years of Service
User Offline
DB Newbie,

can i have the texture of that fountain?

i got that fountain,but the texture misses!!!!

Hello!
DB newbie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2006 07:59
ok here si the texture that you wanted from the fountain i found on turbosquid and do you guys want me to keep you updated or shoudl i start a new thread once i get this town and collsion finished.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2006 09:26
i heard from syl,still the texture is only displaying on the middle of the fountain,the rest is white.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 14:28:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 14:28:22