Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / After Loading A World With MAGICWORLD

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
well ive loaded a world , and everything is ok ,
but im missing somethings , how can i create the water around the island that ive created in magicworld , and how can i create a sky , the screen , , like
creating a real 3d world ! , i got the ground , but i need the sky and the water too !
yosepp
Years of Service
User Offline
well, you can make the water by making a large plain and texturing it and ghosting it. you can make sky by making a huge sphere, turning it inside out with the CULL thing and texturing it. BTW, did you figure out that matrix collision thing in Magicworld, i don't get, it won't work.

if me in trouble() and 1=1 then print "but"
RisTar
Years of Service
User Offline
Can u tell me how to turn the sphere inside out ,and what the hell is the cull thing ???????
o and i didnt understand ur question about magicworld !
U cant load a map ?

yosepp
Years of Service
User Offline
okay, heres what you should do
SET OBJECT skysphereobject,1,0,1
maybe the second one should be zero. and nevamind my question, i figured that out already.
hope that helped!!

------Yosepp

if me in trouble() and 1=1 then print "but"
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2003 11:51
yosepp is right, look at help for the 'SET OBJECT' command.

creat a HUGE sphere and texture it with a nice sky texture, then use SET OBJECT on it

the CULL flag tells the object to show hidden surfaces. Usually when you are 'inside' an object, the insides are not textured by DB as they are not normally seen. CULL over-rides this.

Also play the LIGHT parameters to stop the sphere reacting to light sources. Sphere would look dark otherwise as it is far away.

The other trick is to move the sphere to your camera position during main game loop. This stops you approaching edge of sphere. Another nice effect is to rotate the sky slowly in game loop.

Gronda, Gronda
RisTar
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks SONIC i think that this little effect with the rotate is great !

Necrym
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2003 00:56
i tend to make the plains first 2 objects i make in a magic world map 1 at sealevel and one .5 below, bothe textured and then animate them in diferent directions in the main loop this gives a great water effect. Skies i auto load myself in my program to suit.

Watch the bouncing cursor - now in 3d

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 03:35:18
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 03:35:18