Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / camea limb? / strafing camera?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2006 04:33
is there a way to actually make a camera a limb? i am not talking about placing a camera on the limb position but to actually have it be the limb of an object.

i experimented with this but placing the camera at limb position just doesent work well with what i am trying to do.

while i am at it will someone explain to me how to make a camera strafe or move up and down (not turn left and right or pitch up\ down, STRAFE, ELEVATE the camera)

dont hate people who rip you off,cheat and get away with it, learn from them
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Placing a camera at a limb position is exactly the same as making a camera a limb, there is absolutely no difference. Straffing up and down is the same as left and right but you just use the y plane.

RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2006 13:54
I think he was trying to make the camera rotate with the object as well, and found out that positioning it didnt do the job.

PAGAN just rotate the camera to the parent object's angles after the position, if the problem I described above was what you were talking about.

Mr X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2006 11:06
To strafe the camera, there are at last two ways (two that I know of, but there are propobly more ways).

Way one (can be used in both dbc and dbpro):
Turn the camera 90 degrees left or right, move a step or two, and then turn back the camera.

Way two (in dbpro):
Use the cammands that move the camera left or right.
PAGAN_old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2006 20:04
when i attach a camera to a limb, i see the main object it is looking at. and if i pitch up and roll object at the same time, the camera looses its center and now the object looks like its wabbling in the center of the screen. so i figured the camera is not solidly attached to the object.

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Maybe you should just position the camera at the position of the object instead of the limb.

PAGAN_old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2006 21:31
yes i tried this also. I made the limb be the player ship. but it still has that same prblem.

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Well It shouldn't because that's what I do, and I don't get a wiggle.

PAGAN_old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2006 23:21
so you have a something that can move forward, back, roll left right, and pitch up down?

i figured out that the ship starts getting loose from the camera only when i pitch up\down and roll left\right at the same time.

RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2006 05:28
If you're just trying to keep the camera oriented with an object (rotating with it and acting like a limb), then Ive already given you the answer.

1. Position the camera at the required objects position and rotate the camera to the object's angles.
2. If using DBP use the move camera left/right commands to strafe it left or right of the object, if using DBC (as stated above) rotate the camera 90 degrees, then use the MOVE CAMERA command, then rotate the camera back to its original angle.
3. Move the camera forward/backward at the required distance
4. Xrotate the camera 90 degrees up/down and move it forward using MOVE CAMERA to obtain the required height.

Do this each loop and the camera will constantly orient itself with the specified object.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 23:32:09
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 23:32:09