Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / FN P90 progress report...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2006 07:20
Finally got the hud.x textured. No animations yet, but I couldn't resist popping it into FPSC to see how it looks (as you can probably tell it's currently borrowing the Autoslug's gunspec)

Snooping around an abandoned factory complex...

Here's a plain render.

Now to get the animations worked out. The reload sequence should be interesting...

Cheers

- Graham

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2006 07:42
Your gun looks good.

FLa
Where you can find my demo:http://www.savefile.com/files/6970524
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2006 08:34
Looks great in-game as well.

Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2006 08:58
When you got animations to that it is EXCELLENT!

Intel P4 Processor 519 3.06 Ghz, 1536 MB DDR, Ati Radeon 9550 256MB
My site: http://www.freewebs.com/nigezu
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2006 13:46
guns cool, really like that door too

dont assume cause ull make an ass out of you and me!
Samuli
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2006 16:14
Looks great exept magazine. Bullets don't look real. Accuadlly, the gun is too big too.
Radioactiveman phil c
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow thats one of the best guns ive seen. Better than the ones the devs made even!!

It was uh...him! What? The geeezer who just pwnd you? Ahh yes that was me.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2006 16:59
Well I think it looks pretty good, especially for a free weapon.

gps
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2006 23:12 Edited at: 16th May 2006 23:13
Thanks for the compliments guys

Quote: "Looks great exept magazine. Bullets don't look real. Accuadlly, the gun is too big too."

No, it's modelled to exactly the same scale as the other FPSC weapons. Remember, the P90 is a lot wider than conventional weapons, nearly 6cm. Offhand I'd say that's about twice the width of the M16's receiver.

As for the magazine - it's hard to fake translucency in a 2D texturemap. Also, the real magazine looks different in almost every reference photo I've got - all depending on the lighting and angle of the camera. I actually considered using an alpha map and modelling the bullets inside the magazine but that would have sent the poly count sky high.

Quote: "guns cool, really like that door too"

Thanks. I've been re-texturing a lot of the SciFi segments, plus building a lot of my own stuff - I'll be posting some proper screenies in the showcase forum screen shot competition before the end of the month.

Cheers

- Graham

gps
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2006 00:29
In the hands of the enemy...

I used the grip animation for the SMG, and the results aren't too bad, given the unique ergonomics of the P90.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2006 02:53 Edited at: 18th May 2006 02:54
MY DREAMS HAVE COME TRUE!!!

I'll help animate. I've seen this gun in movies and such alot, so I know how to use it. Plus: in order to get the quick fire rate this gun needs you need a short fire animation. Just thought I'd let ya know.

Quote: "Quote: "Looks great exept magazine. Bullets don't look real. Accuadlly, the gun is too big too."

No, it's modelled to exactly the same scale as the other FPSC weapons. Remember, the P90 is a lot wider than conventional weapons, nearly 6cm. Offhand I'd say that's about twice the width of the M16's receiver."

I think your right on with the size, most people underestimate it quite a bit.

So, if you want help with the animation just e-mail me

EDIT: This is PERFECT for Hostile Enironment (My game)!!!!

Get Decal Maker Now!
Click Here!
gps
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2006 06:12
Hi Conner

I think I may take you up on that offer - I've been working on some animations this evening but it's not really my area of expertise. I will grinding out a set of animations eventually (I'm a stubborn sod), but I'd happily swap them for something better.

Could you work from a Milkshape file?. The model is correctly scaled and has separate groups defined for the magazine, bolt and trigger.

Cheers

- Graham

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2006 06:23
Yes, milkshape is what I've got

Just e-mail me and I'll give it a go.

Get Decal Maker Now!
Click Here!
gps
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2006 07:11
Email sent. Have fun.

BTW, you can take your time - there's no rush, I tend to create stuff at a leisurely pace myself(or as others might put it, I'm really slow )

Cheers

- Graham

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2006 16:36
lol me too. I just got it so I'll see what I can do with it.

Get Decal Maker Now!
Click Here!
freakshow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2006 23:01 Edited at: 18th May 2006 23:32
not tryin to hijack the thread but...

hey conner i got a question for ya...
I got milkshape too and I have a chainsaw in FPSC animated.
Problem is, the animations move too slow. How do i fix this?

NICE WORK GPS!!!
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2006 01:55
Well, you export with an animation time factor of 1 in Direct X JT right? If you use normal direct X export, switch to JT, it is better. Otherwise, your animation is too long and you should shorten it.

Get Decal Maker Now!
Click Here!
freakshow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2006 02:00
i tried 1 and its too fast. Im gonna try 2....
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2006 02:17
Good luck crazy al!

@Gps - I got the animation mostly done (I think it needs some touch ups which I'll do in a bit) and I made entities for the gun to make your life easier I also modified the uzi reload to fit with the animation, and it works quite nicely.

Get Decal Maker Now!
Click Here!
gps
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2006 04:40
@ crazy al - no worries, and good luck with your chainsaw

@ conner - I thought you said you were slow LOL! As it happens, I did the gun and ammo entities myself today (I got tired of having the autoslug act as stand-in). You can choose between the FPSC style 'upright, floating and rotating', or a more realistic 'laid on it's side' version. Next on the list - the hud image. Oh, and I'd better get the texture finished too - you might have noticed that the scope doesn't have a front lens yet

Cheers

- Graham

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2006 16:37
Quote: "@ conner - I thought you said you were slow LOL! As it happens, I did the gun and ammo entities myself today (I got tired of having the autoslug act as stand-in). You can choose between the FPSC style 'upright, floating and rotating', or a more realistic 'laid on it's side' version. Next on the list - the hud image. Oh, and I'd better get the texture finished too - you might have noticed that the scope doesn't have a front lens yet
"

Did you do the 64x64 icons already? Oh, you'll have to use the gunspec I made, and I modified the uzi reload to match the timing. Anyway, does the lens really matter? You can't see it, but I guess it wouldn't hurt.

Get Decal Maker Now!
Click Here!
gps
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2006 23:04
Hi Conner

Quote: "Did you do the 64x64 icons already? Oh, you'll have to use the gunspec I made, and I modified the uzi reload to match the timing."

Yep, done the icons. No probs with the gunspec, yours is bound the be better than mine - all I did was pinch the autoslug gunspec and swap the mesh for the P90. I just wanted to shoehorn it into FPSC to check the texture.

Quote: "Anyway, does the lens really matter? You can't see it, but I guess it wouldn't hurt."

LOL, yeah that's why I kept forgetting it, from the HUD view you never see it. The thing is, the VWEAP and entity versions also use the same texture and you can see the front of those. I have to confess I'm a bit of a perfectionist . I'm always tweaking the textures on my models right up until the last possible moment.

BTW, I'm going to be creating an installer for this freebie. I've never bothered before, but as FPSC is a bit more fussy about file locations for weapons it seems prudent. After all, some people round here have trouble using a new character texture

Email me the HUD.x and gunspec when you're happy with them, and I'll get started on the final package.

Cheers

- Graham

HartGames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2006 00:31
Great model. The proportions are perfect. I know this because i own a replica BB gun of the P90. And alot of other guns too .

Can't wait!
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2006 03:08
I really like that door texture

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2006 05:52
I think I have it pretty good looking, I just need to mess with the cords to make it look nicer, as mine are too close to the screen. I think the reload animation is pretty solid but I'm going to go over it again to make sure it isn't going through anything.

Get Decal Maker Now!
Click Here!
gps
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2006 11:53 Edited at: 20th May 2006 11:55
HartGames - I think about half the reference pics that turned up when I Googled were actually of the Tokyo Marui P90. It's a beautiful replica.

Keith - actually, I made a rod for my own back with that texture - the default SciFi door is mapped with the two sides overlaid, so the texture is mirrored on one side. With the standard texture you can't tell, but the moment you put any text on it...

I ended up having to remap the doors to satisfy my unhealthy craving for signage

Conner - I'm guessing that your animation probably changed the initial position of the model, so I don't know if this'll be any use to you, but these are the coordinates I used to get the P90 where it is in the screenshot;

horiz = 5
vert = -8
forward = 13
alignx = 5.5
aligny = -4.5
alignz = 28

BTW, the reload animation was the bit I was least looking forward to doing. Good luck

Cheers

- Graham

HartGames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2006 02:52
Yea its beautiful . I like guns . Can't wait for the model!!
HartGames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2006 02:55 Edited at: 21st May 2006 02:57
@Sumuli

His ammo looks better than the one from Stargate SG-1: The Alliance game

Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2006 23:45
Quote: "Looks great exept magazine. Bullets don't look real. Accuadlly, the gun is too big too. "

Quote: "His ammo looks better than the one from Stargate SG-1: The Alliance game"

Both incorrect lol
The P90's magazine is correct on GPS' model... The stargate one is a developed one... to make it look more "SCI-FI".
Think about it, if a rifle/smg's ammo were unguarded (by the magazine), if a stary bullet were to hit one of the rounds... youd be buggered...
GPS's design, is indeed, correct.

Your's in gaming (And knowing a little too much about deadly weapons )
Dan...

Weeee
HartGames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2006 09:34
NO the P90 was not altered in Stargate in any way. I know everything about his show and game. They did alter it. It is set in present day with realistic weapons.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2006 06:18
Didn't they cancel that game?

Get Decal Maker Now!
Click Here!
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2006 06:36
I never knew they made it. I wonder when the new season is starting on Sci-Fi?

HartGames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2006 06:37
Well they took it back into develepment, after saying something like this:

"We are not happy with the final result and we do not feels this lives up to our fans. So we are going to remake the game"

Or they just can't be bothered to finish it
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2006 06:40
When did this game first see daylight?

HartGames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2006 06:52
Because its Stargate! Soz, i'm really big fan. I own every single episode on DVD.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2006 07:02
?? Uh...I asked when it saw daylight

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2006 07:33
GPS I HAVE a question for you.

how did you get the gun into the hands of the enemy!!

I use a low poly (like 50k) version of my weapons in a file named Vweap, but when i select it as a weapon for the enemy, they're never holding anything!

Any ideas?

"Guns for show, knives for a pro."
gps
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2006 08:05 Edited at: 24th May 2006 08:06
Odd...this was one area that I didn't have much difficulty with. Typical eh?

All I can think to mention is that the position of the weapon in the character's hands depends on the original x,y,z coordinates of the VWEAP mesh, which need to be close to 0,0,0. If you modelled your weapon some way off 0,0,0 then it'll show up away from the character - possible behind them and out of site? I know this is unlikely, but it's all I can think of off the top of my head. If it were a texture problem you'd still get something in the character's hands. Scale is the only other thing I can think of. VWEAP and HUD models should be the same size - but then I'm probably stating the obvious again, sorry!

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2006 18:13
weapon an hud the same size?! You mean scale right? Not in kilobytes! Sure the Vweap will be way smaller in file size because it's un-animated!

Anyway, cheers for the positioning advice, I'd been alignin it with the player gun's position. DUH. I'll get back to you once I've tried it out.

"Guns for show, knives for a pro."
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2006 00:43
Great Weapon! Can't wait for it to come out!!!

I have no experience on any of these types of things so i can't help you with it tough

im still upset there their are no Mortal Kombat smileys...
So could someone please have a chat with the nice people at http://www.mkhideout.com/index.php and see of we can get the MK smileys!!!! PLEASE!!!! PRETTY PLEASE!!!!! I'll love you forever... I desperately need to post Kano's face as a smiley on this foroum....

picture of Kano attached

If con is the opposite of pro, then congress is the opposite of progress

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2006 02:10
Gps, I'm going to e-mail you this weekend, I've been having some trouble but I think I've almost fixed it...

It is mostly the Uzi animation (I just couldn't get my walking and shooting animation to work mainly) with a modified reload.

Get Decal Maker Now!
Click Here!
gps
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2006 09:51
Hi Conner

Heh, you show me yours and I'll show you mine...

Yeah, I decided to bite the bullet (excuse the pun) and have a go myself.

I've got a decent select, shoot, and autofire, but after that it gets a bit hairy. Idle animations are deceptively tricky aren't they? So far all of my attempts make the player look like they're having some kind of muscle spasm. I haven't even dared to try a walking animation yet

I have managed to get a reload sequence that doesn't involve the magazine going through the gun (much) but it's a bit too quick and clean for my liking.

Anyway, I'll email you my HUD.x and gunspec and you can see for yourself.

I look forward to seeing what you came up with

Cheers

- Graham

Radioactiveman phil c
Years of Service
User Offline
As I said before it pwns. But if someone could convert cs:source weapons into useable fpsc weapons (.x) that would PWN even more!!!

It was uh...him! What? The geeezer who just pwnd you? Ahh yes that was me.
freakshow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2006 21:31
i think crows been doin that.
Cant wait gps!
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2006 00:08
BUMP, please finish this

"I alone walk the valley of shadow and death, and I fear no evil, for I'm the meanest Son Of A Bitch in the valley"
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2006 00:25
Oh, thanks for the bump, that reminds me of GPS's e-mail he sent last month

Get Decal Maker Now!
Click Here!
gps
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2006 01:13
Yep, it's been a while now... I should really get a move on and finish this.

I'm a lot happier with animating now - particularly as I've figured out why some of my animation loops were so twitchy. FPSC starts its animation frame count from 0, Milkshape starts from 1. 'Idle' is defined in the gunspec as frames 10-38, but in Milkshape that would correspond to frames 11 to 39. so when the animation plays in FPSC, the last frame of my 'Idle' animation is in fact the first frame of my 'Move' animation. No wonder it looked a bit jumpy

Conner94, if you have the time I'd still be interested in seeing your HUD animations, but otherwise I think I'm up to the job of doing them myself now

Cheers

- Graham

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2006 06:13
Well, mine aren't any special anymore, my old animations were having problems and now there just Uzi animations with a diffrent reload. I'll send it to ya anyway though.

Get Decal Maker Now!
Click Here!
Blackburn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2006 19:27
bump

Current Games in Progress:
Modern Combat 2007

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 18:27:32
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 18:27:32