Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Should I get DB, DBP, or DBE?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I've used the trial of DarkBASIC, and I'd like to ask the other users which one they think would be best for space sim type games.

Jeremy_
The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2006 20:22
Hi,

Quote: "I've used the trial of DarkBASIC, and I'd like to ask the other users which one they think would be best for space sim type games."

DBC and DBPRO are both capable of making space sims. DarkBasic Pro got more features, are more updated, and uses the newest version of DirectX. It's also faster than DBC. I would say that if you're willing to pay the money for DBPRO, then you should deffinately go with that. But as I stated before, DBC and DBPro can both make space sim games.

Hope that helps

-The Nerd

3D Arcade-like game:
SpaceBattle-Shootout
zenassem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2006 20:42
First, I would buy DBpro.

I purchased DBC first, an although it is great... I wound up buying DBpro a week later. It's really nice to have both, as I am able to write/test code and help people with both versions.

~zen
Mr X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2006 10:45
I would go for DBPro, but, as The Nerd wrote, you can use both for space sims.

Propobly a noob question, but what is DBE? Is it that pack that improves DBC?
Lazarus_
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes to Mr X's question.

I've heard from some other programmers that DB Classic runs better on a wider range of systems, and that DB Pro has strange quirks, like commands that are the same as in DBC, but do totally different things!

Also that DBPro can take a long time to compile medium size projects, but DBC does it much faster.

Has anyone else observed this?

Lazarus_

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 23:27:46
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 23:27:46