Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / RPG Portrait maker

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2006 07:47
Greetings all,

Posting this to see if there would be any interest in a program that would allow the user to create custom portraits for character images. I have the framework of the project put into place and have developed some of the media for it.

Basically what the software would offer to the user is the ability to select a variety of features like skin tone, hair style and color, eye shape and color, mouth and nose type, accessories like tattoos , scars, and jewlery etc. then it would save the image as a seperate file for use in a game.

I am attaching a couple of images i have made with this so far, I still need to develop a ton of media for it but i think it will easily be capable of over 1,000,000 different combinations. let me know what you think.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Syl Thomson
Years of Service
User Offline
Quite good!,

but i thought you where working on an RPG engine?

Hello!
Hobgoblin Lord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2006 15:30
Quote: "but i thought you where working on an RPG engine?
"

Actually yes I am still working on the engine. This idea came along in developing the media for it. I spend an easy 85-90% of my time developing media and was trying to think of a way to speed up the creation, thus this. By no means is this taking precedence over my other project but I figured "hey maybe others would be interested in pseudo custom graphics." I'm no great artist but I think media is a big stalling point for alot of projects so perhaps this can help out the programmer who has no art skills.
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2006 22:45
Quote: "Quite good!,

but i thought you where working on an RPG engine?"

Syl,how do you know that?

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it was too beatifull to look at...
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2006 14:54
I'd be interested - a little - will watch this thread

a long time dabbler with DBC and DBPro with no actual talent but lots of enthusiasm...
Hobgoblin Lord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2006 16:32
Well looks like no interest in this, and I can see why just saw the thread for EZactor. So project scrapped though I will still develop it for my own use. At least I dont have to worry about making a pretty UI now.

Thank You
Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2006 17:59
Hobgoblin Lord,
There is no need to scrap the project. This has a much different style to it than what I am working on with 3D Character Maker (EZactor). I am sure plenty of people would still be interested in your project and there is room for both. Especially if you were offering this for free. Anyway, I hope you continue with this.
Good Luck!

Ron Erickson

EZrotate!
TextureMax!
3D Character Maker!
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2006 18:03
Why scrapping it?

you can use it in the toolbox of your RPG engine!

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it was too beatifull to look at...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 14:20:11
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 14:20:11