Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / why is my animation playing backwards

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
it plays forwards in 3ds max, but in dbpro using loop object 1 command it plays backwards whats going on, any help thanks.
The Master
Years of Service
User Offline
isn't that immposible

No Pain No Gain
DELL 800MHZ 1GB RAM PENTIUM 4 MICROSOFT XP SP2
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2006 23:53
i've actually wanted this to happen many times, i.e. for walking backwards etc

life's one big game
spec= 2.6ghz, 1gb ram, 512mb gpu, directx 9.0c, dbpro and classic
Programmer of Power
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2006 00:04
It'd be really nice if you'd post up some code for us to look at.

A suggestion though would be to try to run the animation backwards... somehow. Maybe you could use a for next loop and walk it backwards from the final frame.

Dunno if that'd work now.

"I will work harder... if you ask me enough times... or give me enough coffee"
sox
Years of Service
User Offline
hiya all, i know this sounds so unbelievable but it true, i built a uber machine in 3ds max for a demo and it has 100 frames @ 25fps so a 4 second animation, the machine rotates clockwise in 3ds max, but in dbpro using the command loop object 1 it plays anti clockwise, if i try loop object 1,1,100 it does nothing at all if i try to force reverse using lop object 1,100,1 it does nothing, i can not explain why it is playing in reverse but it is damn annoying... the code i am using is just the pelican code from the trial version, i do have the full version but just needed a quick test, so i just changed the model load object and placed the loop object 1 in the main loop... also 1 more strange thing i found out after spending hours trying to uv map the damn thing there is no need to do any uv mapping, dbpro uses multi texturing on a multipart mesh without any baking or uv mapping which i thought could not be done in dbpro or have i just hit on something no one knew about... anyway any help would be good thanks all
sox
Years of Service
User Offline
man this is doing my head in, right i thought it might be the code so i tried a simple load object and loop object code of only 8 lines, i made a new basic block model in 3ds max and spun it on its y axis clockwise over 100 frames, saved it as an x file run it in dbpro and the thing rotates anti clockwise, so i used the set object frame to see where it was at frame 25, and it is in the mirror position to that of 3ds max, now if this is a dbpro fault i want a refund, cause whats the point in all my models playing backwards
Euphoria
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2006 02:17
This may be no help at all, and without seeing the model it may not even apply. But are you viewing your object in DBP from the same side as when in 3ds?.... if you view an object from the back then the animation may appear reversed....if that makes sense

just a thought
sox
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks mate but it wasnt that in the end , i have now figured it out, and by figuring it out have found out how to make animations play backwards in dbpro which ppl on here keep saying is meant to be impossible but it seems not to be the case.
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2006 21:30
are u going to share it?

life's one big game
spec= 2.6ghz, 1gb ram, 512mb gpu, directx 9.0c, dbpro and classic
SimSmall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2006 00:27
My thought: Negative interpolation value -- never tried it, so don't know if DB actually lets you do that...
sox
Years of Service
User Offline
sure i will share here goes, for a start it is not dbpro het makes the animation play backwards it is the panda exporter, all you have to do is uncheck the left handed axis under the x file setings, this seems to also rotate the model 90 degrees so you will have to rotate it accordingly in 3ds max before you save it, but then when you load it into dbpro and use loop object 1,?,? it plays the anim backwards, whether this is worth doing rather than just animating your model in reverse to begin with is your choice, maybe ppl have already noticed this seeing as it is an easy mistake to uncheck the boxes while testing exporting x-files from 3ds max.
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2006 09:20 Edited at: 20th May 2006 09:21
NM lol wrong theory

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 23:27:09
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 23:27:09