Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / [WIP] Itz

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey everyone! This is my first attempt at a game in Dark Basic, called Itz. It\'s very much a work in progress, but I\'d like to get some feedback about the general idea.

It is a puzzle game where you are able to click on various things within the world which will then change in some way (ie..firing a cannon). Ultimately this leads to a solution to the game if completed in the correct way. For anyone that has played Hapland (http://www.foon.co.uk/farcade/), you will get the idea. And if you haven\'t played it, then do So a 3D Hapland essentially.

Anyway, here is a screen:

And here is the download (7.8Mb):

http://www.bongadoo.com/gash/Itz.exe

Only a few things are possible at the moment (can\'t be completed!), but that\'s just so you can get a feel for the game idea.

Please have a play and let me know what you think! I\'m just trying to get some general feedback/ideas so I can decide whether to carry on with the idea or not. Thanks!
Hawkeye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2006 16:42
A Hapland 3d? Suuhhheeeetttt.

I am but mad north north-west; when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw - Hamlet, Hamlet
Tifu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2006 17:42
Ah! I have been trying to remember where those games were for ages!

A 3D game of this nature would indeed be teh awesome
Planning on making the player have to rotate the world around to find triggers hidden behind objects?

Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2006 19:41
Have you managed to beat hapland 3? I'm stuck on it.

Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2006 01:46
Wow, this is a great idea! I admit I've never heard of Hapland before, but the idea is awesome. So pretty much a cause & effect puzzle game?

Tried Hapland. Only tried it once, and I screwed up, but I think with a few tries I'd get the hang of it.

Bongadoo
Years of Service
User Offline
@Tifu: Yea I was planning on adding rotation at some point but it was just going to be cosmetic. Using it to find hidden triggers is a good idea.

@Phaelax: Yup I completed it, hard though! Try clicking the spider then crow at slightly different times, they have multiple reactions. That's where I got stuck.

Thanks for the feedback, it looks like it could be a popular idea so I'll go ahead with development! Could be a while before it's done though, I have another project in the pipeline
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2006 07:03
well I got the spider to snatch the bird's egg without dying.

let us know when this game is done.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 14:29:50
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 14:29:50