Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Need Flashlight Plz!!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, I finally was able to make my zombie game all dark and creepy but now I need a flashlight to top it all off. If anyone out there has a working flashlight they could post I would REALLY appreciate it

"I came here to do two things: chew bubble gum and kick ass.....and I am all out of bubble gum."
Evil Star
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2006 14:57
Why are you making 2 threads on the same thing?

Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2006 15:01
Foxhound7 , you stupid prat. YOU CANNOT GET FLASHLIGHTS/TORCHES IN FPSC just except it.

visit http://teammegabasic.proboards59.com/index.cgi for Felony Rise discussion
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2006 15:21
What opposing force means in his own specail way is that FPSC does not support the use of flashlights at this time.There are allegedly patches/upgrades in the works that will make that possible but you are better off continuing your work with the assumption that you won't use them.If it becomes possible later you can always add a flashlight.
You might have noticed some of our forum members become annoyed if you post two threads about the same thing.Please don't do this if you can help it.It is against the rules and may cause you an unnecessary amount of aggravation.
Posting the same thing twice will not get your question answered any faster.It will probably result in you getting flamed though.
There is a flashlight in the entity bank but it functions as an item you can pick up only.It will not function as a flashlight.
Welcome to the forums.

FLa
Where you can find my demo:http://www.savefile.com/files/6970524
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 21st May 2006 16:51
@I has returned

There are pyro's and there are firefighters. I appreciate what you do here. I'm sure others do as well.

Crazy Grandpa
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2006 16:56
I can understand the reaction given that I believe this is the second time Foxhound has done this.I am not going to flame him but that is not generally accepted on any forum anywhere.
I'll just move on and hope it was a misunderstanding/errant press of a key.

FLa
Where you can find my demo:http://www.savefile.com/files/6970524
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2006 17:04
there is a way to do flashlights, people who deny it, are too lazy to program it, and have never attempted...

the idea seems has an array of methods, cheap and tacky, none the less, its a start.

if you can somehow script a dynamic light to snap to the players position every step, and create volume by texturing a cone with a transparent .tga it could work out....alright

never say never, we have the source, which means anything DBPro can do, FPSC can do

-Jon

RedCore // www.redcore.uni.cc
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 21st May 2006 17:23 Edited at: 21st May 2006 20:47
Quote: "there is a way to do flashlights, people who deny it, are too lazy to program it, and have never attempted...
"

There is certainly a way to do anything, Jon. That is indeed correct and we have seen flashlights in many games. We do not deny their existence.

As for being lazy, or never attempted it, I beg to differ. Some of us here have attempted and came up with workable solutions, however not what what we would call professional.

I don't have (or know) DBPro. Perhaps you would care to share some of your knowledge and expertise with us lazy peons.

BTW: Saw your work in the screenshot thread....love it!

Crazy Grandpa
Foxhound7
Years of Service
User Offline
sorry for two posts, my browser is screwy and sometimes I have to go back and try to go forward again.

"I came here to do two things: chew bubble gum and kick ass.....and I am all out of bubble gum."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 12:20:12
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 12:20:12