Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Need Dropship model, no animations required, I have concept art.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2006 09:13 Edited at: 22nd May 2006 21:43
It has come to my attention that the pictures were stolen. I will not request this ship to be modeled. You probably haven't read my post at the bottom, so, I hadn't the faintest idea that these were stolen.
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2006 09:32
The Second image is stolen. I saw it yesterday in the latest issue of CG Artist magazine (or something like that), they had a some tips on drawing guns and spaceships; i was one of the examples.

I also have my doubts about pic 1 aswell. It looks alot like some of the work done for Star Wars Episode 3 and the textures and feel are very similar.

Finally, they all show different dropships. One is the only one we could really use because of the angles.

AE

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2006 11:03
can just ask if your 'friend' is by any chance you, but you said 'friend' so that you wouldn't get flamed when everyone realised you had ripped someone elses art?

"Guns for show, knives for a pro."
Wyatt Earp
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2006 17:18
Ya know, if you had just said, I would like a drop ship that looks like this you may have had the help you needed. But you can't steal someone's hardwork, claim it as your own, and expect someone to sit for 8 hours modeling for you for free.

C'mon.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2006 17:29
Personally, I wouldn't do that kind of modeling job for free at all; and offering royalties on a game that you say will go commercial, isn't any comfort either. You're talking about quite a few hours modeling (as Wyatt said), as well as just as many hours creating the UV Map, followed by long hours texturing it....only to find out that your work can not be shown because the image is stolen. You should know by now that people here are all over the net, and can spot stolen things immediately.

I'm getting pretty tired of certain people around here wanting everything for free. It's one of the reasons why the model pack I am making will be the last freebie I do here. Normally I just don't bother posting in these types of threads, but do you seriously think anyone would do something like this for free? It might have been possible if someone could put the finished product in their portfolio afterwards, but not if it's a stolen image.

-Keith

Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2006 19:34
Well, i had a look around...

I got this (pic attached)

Are you getting it? No
*evil laugh*

It still needs texturing anyway...
AE

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Doctor Evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2006 21:26 Edited at: 22nd May 2006 21:39
I have no drawing skills, I will be sure to not use these images. Thank you for telling me, I had no idea these were stolen. KeithC, I did not ask for this free. I don't know how you didn't see that. I did not steal this. It was a friend who probably just wanted a share of the profits for the game's release. I am not the one who ripped this art. Wyatt, I was not aware that these were stolen. Butter Fingers, again, I was not aware that these were stolen.
Evil Star
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2006 21:49 Edited at: 22nd May 2006 21:50
Atleast you've got a decent explanation for the stolen art Doctor Evil

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 12:28:55
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 12:28:55