Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Flight Sim Problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm messing with different examples to learn flight aspects in DBP. I found an example in this forum and replaced the simple object with a model of a jet. Now it worked fine exempt one little problem...the Jet is flying backwards and i'm not sure how to get it turned around! I've tried to rotate object command but it messes with the one already in the script. I'm sure its the math somewhere, i need to rotate it 180 degrees so that it's flying forward, can anyone help? Here's the code..

Illusion
X-Fleet.net
XFS Illusion
Years of Service
User Offline
i got it, kenjar gave me the following to put at the beginning of the code in case anyone else ever needs to try the same thing...

yrotate object 1,180
fix object pivot 1

Illusion
X-Fleet.net
XFS Illusion
Years of Service
User Offline
oops, kenjar got the code from Tinkergirl..he said it took her like 12 seconds, so thanks goes to her too

Illusion
X-Fleet.net
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2006 15:01
Incase you were wondering why the problem occured, it was either because of the model being reversed in the modeler by accident, or the camera positioning code in the game was using a negative when a positive was needed or vise versa.

XFS Illusion
Years of Service
User Offline
Models appeared correctly in the model program. No negatives were used i dont believe and the camera position was at it's default. Nevertheless, thanks for you help, i got it to working...i'm actually working on the skysphere and weapons now. I'll keep your tips in mind for future problems i'm sure i'll run in to...again, thanks ya'll.

Illusion
X-Fleet.net

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 23:29:54
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 23:29:54