Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / A question i need to have answered for my Game Creation program.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2006 20:33
OK i already got the basical part from loading the world and moving the camera over it.

BUT i came across this problem:
I cant seem to figure out how to let the USER input the X,Y,Z axises.
I need that Because then i can let the user PLACE objects within the Editor when visible.Also i might ask more questions Regarding some Object loading stuff.

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it was too beatifull to look at...
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2006 21:42
BuMp

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it was too beatifull to look at...
Big Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2006 21:49
I dont know whether this will work but have you tryed an inout commmand as simple as

and then when you want to

Just a though the code hasnt been tested.

BM

Our aim is to keep the loo's clean, your aim can help.
Kenjar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2006 21:56 Edited at: 23rd May 2006 22:02
The simplest way would be to use input commands, something like:

And of cause if you want to position the object, rather then the camera use:

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2006 22:07
Yeah,now how do i make a plain where the text displays on only,because now the text is invisible OR spreaded over the full screen downwards.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2006 23:22
BUMP!!!!

i realy need answer!

D Ogre
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm not sure what your getting at with your last question. Are you wanting a text window for user input or just to display something consisting of text in a boxed region?

You could possibly use a image pasted to the screen to do either. Or you could create a plain object with a texture containing text or used it as a background for the text.
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2006 07:33
Yes,but how do i set the backgroung for the text so it appears on the blue screen?

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2006 16:51
BUMP...

again.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2006 19:38
I REALY NEED AN ANSWER TO THIS:

Quote: "how do i make a plain where the text displays on only,because now the text is invisible OR spreaded over the full screen downwards.
"

RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2006 03:30 Edited at: 25th May 2006 03:31
Stop bumping your threads so soon. You're only supposed to bump if the thread hasnt been answered in 2 days straight, or the thread has went to the second page of the forum.

It just makes you out to look extremely impatient causing a lot of people to ignore the thread even more, leave it alone and it will be answered.

As far as your question goes it isnt very descriptive, but from what I can tell you want to have it so that text only shows if it is... overlapping a plain? If this is the case you're going to have to look into the OBJECT SCREEN XY() command set to obtain the screen coordinates of the plain object, and then you'll have to compare these screen coordinates to the coordinates of the text being displayed. If the text is inside these coordinates, show it, otherwise, dont.

Master Mind you're begining to really condescend yourself here, you made a post saying you "Hate Noobs" a while back in response to someone asking a fair question, and then you come to the forums and post repeated threads whining for help when you dont get an answer within a few hours. Im not trying to be mean (though I know I am), but really, pick up the maturity level or you'll find yourself getting no attention on these forums pretty soon.

<EDIT>

And for christ sake, you havent caught on yet that people are making fun of your signature because you spelt beautiful wrong. Not erased.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2006 09:54
Sorry for that,but i REALYneed this answered because people dont believe i made an editor,they tell it are just some matrix commands.

Matt Rock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2006 22:10
Quote: "BUMP!!!!"

That's a great way to get noobsmacked. As Ruccus pointed out, don't do that in these forums. Sorry for repeating what he'd said, but I already had it copied and pasted

Quote: "Sorry for that,but i REALYneed this answered because people dont believe i made an editor,they tell it are just some matrix commands."

Until you have it working, you haven't actually created an editor. You've started working on it, and you can show them that you've started, but you can't honestly say you've made something until it's completed. If I could get away with that, I'd be able to say I've made 17 games, and one of them is groundbreaking and spectacular... but it isn't finished, so I don't try to tell people it's done. Chances are, it's just a bunch of matrix commands right now. When it's done, it's an editor. No offense or anything, but why would you tell someone it's an editor if you haven't gotten passed these early stages?

"In an interstellar burst, I'm back to save the universe"
Daemon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2006 07:33
I'm not sure, but it sounds to me that you are just trying to have a box on the screen where the user would enter the coordinates. Something like this code?

Insanity is just a state of mind
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2006 08:52
Yes,but then with a plain that covers the full left side of the screen and follows the camera at the exact same position.

Daemon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2006 17:44
Why does it have to be a plain?

This represents what I think you are talking about with a 2D box...

If it really needs to be a plain then look into using

lock object on

Insanity is just a state of mind

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 23:19:21
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 23:19:21