Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Has anyone got the 'skybank' textures working properly ingame?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2006 22:59
Hi all,

I spotted the textures in the skybank folder of FPSC and wondered why they weren't included in the ingame editor.
I tried to create my own segment from them, and while it works fine as a single block room, the textures dont wrap if you increase the size.
Has anyone figured out a way to actually use these textures sucessfully?

Ri99ers.
code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2006 00:27
RTM.

(I think, it's in the build dialog... )

Weapon Creator EA for sale soon!
http://wc.out-lawz.com
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 24th May 2006 00:34
The outside world is not visible in the editor because there is nothing you can edit about it. Select your skybank in the build settings dialog, as code master said. This is the world you see outside your buildings when you test or play your game.

Crazy Grandpa
Ri99ers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2006 01:04
oops!
Must have missed that bit when I was paging through it. Sorry!

But, just as an afterthought, couldn't these textures be used in some way to simulate an outdoor area indoors? Especially as FPSC seems to struggle maintaining frame rates if you create an external area of any size.

Ri99ers.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2006 13:40
You can try downloading outdoor textures of the web and using a segment making program to make an outdoor-looking texture.
FPSC can struggle if you make an indoor area wrong ie too much open space.

FLa
Where you can find my demo:http://www.savefile.com/files/6970524

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 12:24:54
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 12:24:54