Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / 3D World and 3D canvas Files into FPS

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2006 17:03
Can files from 3D world studio and 3D Canvas be used in FPS and How do you convert them

warren gregory
dennisb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2006 17:50
3d world studio exports as directx files. You export your directx file and convert it to an entity with entity maker. unfortunately it is only entities not level geometry that you can use since fpsc uses segments for that.

I dont know about 3d canvas. never used it.

Dennis The Frogman
www.3dfrog.com
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2006 18:02
If you have 3D Canvas Lite it doesn't export files for FPSC as it only exports .pov files.
If you have 3D Canvas Pro it will export .x files.
It would be in your best interest to download the free entity creator available on the FPSC downloads page where you found the demo.
It has a video tutorial which is very informative.
Then I would get ECS Professional to import your entities.
If you are using 3D Canvas Pro you will need to rescale your models before exporting them.My guess is you would scale the whole model x10.

FLa
Where you can find my demo:http://www.savefile.com/files/6970524
Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
3d world studio maps work for fpsc, there was a tutorial here a while ago on how to do that...

Just google pallmanni and get the history of me!

http://whatishl.ytmnd.com/ so friggin funny!
Cornik
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi!

I´d like to make a model (room with ladders on the walls) on 3D Canvas Pro and then export it and use it as a prefab on FPS Creator. Is that possible? How do I make this? Thanks!

The Cube is us
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2006 19:34
you could try importing it into segment creator, and making the whole map a segment, but it almost certainly won't work.

"It's often better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're an idiot, than to open it and confirm their suspisions" - Noel Coward
Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
Cornik, why did you have to dig up this old thread?

Just google pallmanni and get the history of me!

http://whatishl.ytmnd.com/ so friggin funny!
3DMagic
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Lucifer,

How are you? I've been also wondering about bringing in geometry such as walls and rooms from 3D World Studio and you said...
Quote: "3d world studio maps work for fpsc, there was a tutorial here a while ago on how to do that..."

Do you think you could find that tutorial for me cause that would be great news a lots of people

Thanks a bunch,
Cyprian

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 20:22:18
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 20:22:18