Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / .x exporter for Maya?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, so I'm new here...

I'm a maya artist. Just got fps creator and am having a lot of fun with it, but I'd really like to be able to use to bring things from Maya into FPS. Problem: I'm using Maya 7 and the most current things I'm finding are exporters for 4-6 which won't work in 7. Any clues on this one folks? Thanks!

www.sixus1media.com
Foxhound7
Years of Service
User Offline
download this thing, ObjToolsWin.zip. its a zip file with a bunch of tools in it (hence the name). One of them is objconverter. if you save your Maya models in .dxf format you can convert them using objconverter into .x format.

not bad for an uber modelling noob huh?

"I came here to do two things: chew bubble gum and kick ass.....and I am all out of bubble gum."

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Sixus1
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks! I'll be having a look at this package asap.

www.sixus1media.com
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2006 00:03
you can also download the DIRECTX SDK, which includes a .x exporter for maya, it can take a little bit of learning tho, I'm gonna check out the obj converter...

"Guns for show, knives for a pro."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 12:24:36
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 12:24:36