Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / CorePak Vol. 2 Student and Policeman NPC preview

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2006 02:23
Hi guys,

nuff said, ive made too many of these threads as soon as i make a new model, but hey, its better than posting in an old thread that nobody will visit...

well, anyway, i recently created 2 NPC's for Vol.2 actually, i suppose the cop can be an enemy aswell...

Student:

Policeman:

looks strange huh? read the text, it came out pretty weird, but its a nice change, maybe i'll attempt the cop again, maybe this time getting it in the british uniform?

well, these are the results of 2 days modelling and texturing, they're not that bad, the cop will be made again, but still included in the pack so theres one extra original character to play around with...

comments and critiscm welcome, i want to know if you think the cop sucks too...

-Jon

RedCore // www.redcore.uni.cc
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2006 03:10
nice, very nice

dont assume cause ull make an ass out of you and me!
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2006 03:14
More great models!

FLa
Where you can find my demo:http://www.savefile.com/files/6970524
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2006 03:39
thanks guys, i'll try the fireman soon, last time i mucked it up

-Jon

Havok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2006 04:32
Great job, Jon! Cant wait to see more! Keep it up man.

I know Karate, Kung Fu, and 47 other dangerous words...
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2006 05:15
thanks Havok, so far so good on the NPC's

i just found out something cool with the zombie script, which leads me to make....a monkey enemy

lol, i saw a certain aniamtion which i changed to be the walking anaimation, and with the melee, it looks great, now to create a monkey

-Jon

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2006 07:16
Jon, just saying....but I find your models textures far to "pre-shaded". If your using any of your models in the outdoors or in a well lit rooms wheres all these shadows supposed to be coming from? Gives everything a grunge look and unless someone totally only uses all your models there going to look funny next to meshes with a little less shading in the texture.....one or the other is going to stick out like a sore thumb.

I'm certainly not ragging your work and this isn't meant to sound like it if its coming across like that.

Good Luck on CPV2

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2006 10:32
Great, both look cool! The police officer looks good, you managed to let him look generic, that's excellent. Perhaps his cap could be a bit more rounded, seems to be a bit to edge, so does the students head, at least the top of his head is a bit blocky.

You managed to resize the hads to more natural proportions also, looks way better.

Are there any in-game shots of these guys. The look a bit to shaded, but that's probably due to the rendering setting you used. Are they less darkshaded in a game?

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2006 16:00
thanks for both your comments, the shading might be due to MAX, i shall get an in game shot very soon of these 2, perhaps there will be a difference

-Jon

Connor Higgins
User Banned
Posted: 26th May 2006 19:54
cool
WHY CANT I DO THINGS LIKE THAT!!

Great designs

im not stupid im just misunderstod
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2006 20:28
thanks conner123

Quote: "Great designs "

well, actually, none of these were based from design, just pure thought and making up as it goes along, luckily i know what to do next when making it

-Jon

Mr Flowerkohl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2006 13:25
all rigged with zombie biped ? ^^

yeah...thats the ticket !
Spudling
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2006 14:43
Yes extreamly good i love the student he looks great

Was Hi! but Hi! Was gettin a little iritating
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2006 20:57
Quote: "all rigged with zombie biped ? ^^"

err, well these are the NPC's but i suppose a bloody variation to the texture will make these guys nice zombies

Quote: "Yes extreamly good i love the student he looks great"

thanks, i originally wasnt going to do a student, i was actually going for an ingame "me" but i couldnt texture my face properly, so that isnt my face, or my bag, or my tie

-Jon

Lightning Bolt Studios
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2006 00:50
Jon, I don't know if noticed but your website is down! I was going to check out your site but it comes up page not found.

Good...Bad...but I'm the guy with the GUN!
Support your local Riker 9 Chapter
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2006 01:52
yeh ive noticed, sitesled is really going down the hill and been having alot of errors lately

-Jon

Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
jon, one word, shiny! needs to be shiny!

Just google pallmanni and get the history of me!

http://whatishl.ytmnd.com/ so friggin funny!
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2006 05:10
what the? shiny?

shiny people? ok, lol

-Jon

Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2006 05:40 Edited at: 28th May 2006 05:40
no, less dark color! like the kid's shirt looks like it hasnt been cleaned in months!

Just google pallmanni and get the history of me!

http://whatishl.ytmnd.com/ so friggin funny!
Mr Flowerkohl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2006 15:22
well, its a student. i am a student. i know why he looks like his shirt hasnt cleaned for months. exactly

yeah...thats the ticket !
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2006 16:17
yeh i suppose, thats just my style of texturing as of this point, if i didnt do it like that, you would see too much ambience, i really need to start makign characters textures from photoography, that will greatly help on this issue

Mr. FlowerKohl, i have given the zombie biped to the scientist and it is fully working, check your thread in showcase for the download

-Jon

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Texturing from photos is a great timesaver, but I wouldn't give up completely on painting your own textures. Its a great skill to have, and you will never be without the texture you need. I just wish I was better at it, practice I guess.

On the other hand, I'm thinking of setting up a little "texture studio" in my basement with good lighting for taking photos. I might even see if I can find an old department store mannequin for modelling clothing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My FPSC stuff at http://hyrumark.zftp.com/FPSC/hyrumarkfpsc.htm
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2006 16:38
lol yeh that would be cool, i got my new camera by the way only i didnt actually buy anythig, once again somethig has been passed down to me, lol

ive been taking it around lately when walking he dog, or just outside for a while, people must really think im a retard when they see me takig a picture of the floor lol

i will still continue to paint textures, as you said, it wont get me anywhere lower, i just wish i had people willing to stand in reference positions, but around my area, people wouldnt have a damn clue what im doing

-Jon

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 12:19:18
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 12:19:18