Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Objectives Screen?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Anyone know if there is a way for the players in game to view their current objectives?

"I came here to do two things: chew bubble gum and kick ass.....and I am all out of bubble gum."
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2006 05:59
Yes, you could edit the loading screen for the level.

Or make a hud pop up at certain points.

It has already been explained in these very forums. Just try searching yeah?!

"Guns for show, knives for a pro."
Duke Blue Devils
Years of Service
User Offline
It's not that hard, I just use triggerzones to display a transparent HUD of the objectives.

Visit the official Chicago Rush website
http://chicagorush.servegame.com/index.php
Foxhound7
Years of Service
User Offline
I meant like assign it to a key like tab or something.

"I came here to do two things: chew bubble gum and kick ass.....and I am all out of bubble gum."
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2006 10:45 Edited at: 27th May 2006 10:47
The best way to do it, if you want it to appear on-demand, is to alter one of the Pause Menu HUDs to show the objectives--probably the "Paused" banner, since that is a button. That way, you just pause the game to check out your objectives.
You could even play around with the positionings to have the "banner" as a square in the centre and have the other buttons around the side.

The problem? You won't be able to have different objective screens for each level. The other problem, of course, is that it won't cancel out or remove any objectives that you've already completed--frustrating, no?

Your best bet is to do what the others have said--use loading screens or trigger zones as objective markers. Better yet, script the "objectives" to set it off, because chances are that's the only time they'll remotely need to see it.

Evil has a new name. Demo out now!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 12:20:34
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 12:20:34